Tri-County Seven Week #4

coachh17

There are no changes in this week's rankings.  I wish that someone from Unaka, Johnson County, Hampton, and Cloudland would post your schedules on CoachT.

1. Elizabethton- (AA) (6-0)-  Beat North by 66 and Happy Valley by 15.  The Lady Cyclones are rounding into form, but were tested by Happy Valley.  They visit Hampton Tuesday and play two AAA teams in Knox Farragut and Cumberland County at Science Hill this weekend. 

2. Happy Valley- (AA) (7-2)-  Got a nice win at Unicoi County by 7, lost to Elizabethton by 15, and beat Hampton by 4.  Coach Abel has a nice team.  No games posted this week.

3. Hampton- (A) (3-1)-  Lost to Happy Valley by 4.  If they have played any more games, I have not seen them posted.

4. Unicoi County- (AA) (2-6)-  Lost to Happy Valley by 7and beat North by 43.  Visit East Tuesday, host Cloudland Thursday, and host Hampton Saturday for a tough week.

5. Cloudland- (A) (2-2)-  Beat Johnson County by 20.  I have not seen all their results.  At Unicoi County Thursday.

6. Johnson County- (AA) (1-4)-  Lost to Cloudland by 20 and East by 37.  All their results are not posted. 

7. Unaka- (A) (0-5)-  Lost to Grainger by 19.  I think they won a game, but no results are posted.  Host North Greene Friday.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Lady Cyclones are still rough around the edges. They are not shooting the ball well overall as a team. Missing way too many chip shots around the basket and not playing championship level defense right now, particularly in the post. Hopefully this will improve in the next couple of weeks. If not, this team will not achieve the goals they have set for themselves.

The Lady Cyclones are still rough around the edges. They are not shooting the ball well overall as a team. Missing way too many chip shots around the basket and not playing championship level defense right now, particularly in the post. Hopefully this will improve in the next couple of weeks. If not, this team will not achieve the goals they have set for themselves.

I agree with you but i believe they will be fine.The post play started a little slow last year and it got better as the year went on.Your right about too many missed shots and that will bite you if it continues.

Happy Valley has had a good group of players for the last couple of years.  They are athletic and have one player is a bad match up for Elizabethton.  KJ had a great game.  Most of the Elizabethton girls are friends with the Happy Valley girls.that makes for a good game.  Elizabethton needs these close games the best thing for them.  Who wants close games at the end of the season when it counts the most and then its too late to get use to it.

I wasn't expecting happy valley to compete with elizabethton. Maybe the top 3 teams are closer than we thought

There are a lot of dynamics at play here.  First, EHS is not quite in form yet. Secondly, EHS will get everyone's best shot this year because they are defending state champs.  Finally, EHS-HV is a rivalry game.  This all culminated in a game closer than expected.