Combined rankings

MatWiz

Thx, Garrett and Rob. I was excited to see how our team stacked up but I just found out we will be without Murphy and Reynolds this tournament. Without those two and no 182 lber it will be difficult from a team perspective. What was the highest you guys placed Garrett?

Hopefully Murphy and Reynolds are OK. Good luck.

Thx, Garrett and Rob. I was excited to see how our team stacked up but I just found out we will be without Murphy and Reynolds this tournament. Without those two and no 182 lber it will be difficult from a team perspective. What was the highest you guys placed Garrett?

In 2012 CBHS finished 12th. If I remember correctly that is the year Kaleb Baker couldn't wrestle due to concussion after winning it the previous year. His points would have likely moved them up a few slots.

In 2011 CBHS finished 6th. That year I belive CBHS finished ahead of 1 or 2 teams that were also in Intermat's Top 40. A few weeks later CBHS beat the team that finished 3rd in a dual tournament.

In 2010 CBHS went to Hawaii.

In 2009 CBHS finished 8th.

Keeping things in perspective: we have had kids like Tate Robinson and Elijah Oliver finishing between 5th and 7th most years. At the same time kids like Daniel Baucke and Kaleb Baker have won it and kids like Alex Johnson and Barrett Walthall have finished as high as 3rd. That tournament can be extremely tough and you can't have an off match anywhere in there.

Hoosierdad,

I will attempt to answer a couple of your questions. There is no official fee to attend a public school. If you pay an out of county fee to attend a "school of choice" then you pay a fee which is predetermined by the new county you are now attending. I'm pretty sure each county has its own " in county transfer" rules. Of course if you have a varsity record you wrestle jv for that season unless you can prove the out of county move was for hardship. The hardship argument is a tough one. Regarding the homeschool rule. The homeschooler must live within 20 miles of the private school and they MUST pay full tuition. According to Mr. Reeves, who I trust would give me valid information, this full tuition rule was at the request of the private schools. I would say the public school definitely has the advantage there. While we are on that subject I will add, there are two different types of private school. Those who offer aid to student/athletes and those who offer aid to only students. If someone was to look real close, they will see some privates in Division one while the majority are division two. Its not hard to figure out which schools do what.

Coach Kramer,

You have done a good job with your program regardless what other "experts" have to offer. Until they tell everyone how they built their program into a state power we should just ignore them. Its very easy to sit behind a screen name and throw rocks at the other guy because in the end nobody knows who the rock thrower really is. If you listen to the rock thrower closely he's telling you he really has no clue what it takes to build a program. He hasnt spent the endless hours reading, studying, and planning for the next five seasons, let alone one. He doesn't really know how much of your own money goes into the process, and all the out of state trips, gas, hotel expenses, AAU and USA tournaments, registration fees, camps,the long hours entering endless data into the computer. The rock thrower doesn't have to sit a kid down and tell him he can't wrestle tonight because of his grades, or because he misses too much practice. The rock thrower surely has never had to tell his best wrestler "good bye" because his best wrestler happens to be a trouble maker. A few years ago a couple Soddy kids got into trouble at the team state duals. They were sent home. That coaching move very well could have cost Soddy a state title, of course that comment might get a rock or two thrown my way, but I digress. Regardless, I am wondering if the rock throwers would have shown the same integrity as the Soddy coach? I watched George remove a returning state champion from his team on two separate occasions and still win state titles without them. I wonder if the rock thrower would have the stones to make that move while building their program, or would they compromise their integrity just so that they could say they had a champion. In closing, what we are truly building are boys into good men. Its not always about the state championships. Its about the legacy left in the young men you mold. How do they look at you as their mentor? Do they call you sir, or do they call you Mr. Rock thrower? You can't force a kid to do his school work but you can keep him off the mats for NOT doing it. Every boy who graduates is a champion in my book. And lastley, Mr. Rock thrower,how many championships have you built?

In 2012 CBHS finished 12th. If I remember correctly that is the year Kaleb Baker couldn't wrestle due to concussion after winning it the previous year. His points would have likely moved them up a few slots.

In 2011 CBHS finished 6th. That year I belive CBHS finished ahead of 1 or 2 teams that were also in Intermat's Top 40. A few weeks later CBHS beat the team that finished 3rd in a dual tournament.

Keeping things in perspective: we have had kids like Tate Robinson and Elijah Oliver finishing between 5th and 7th most years. At the same time kids like Daniel Baucke and Kaleb Baker have won it and kids like Alex Johnson and Barrett Walthall have finished as high as 3rd. That tournament can be extremely tough and you can't have an off match anywhere in there.

It would have been interesting to see where Baylor stacked up with a full team. I wasnt really familiar with this tournament so I looked it up. It appears its growing into one of the tougher tournaments. There are 40 teams with # 6 Archer , # 7 Stillwater Ok, #24 Bettendorf Ia, #29 Neosho Mo. There are over 40 state champions per their website. I hate you are without some of your guys. Keep us posted youthcoach. 

It would have been interesting to see where Baylor stacked up with a full team. I wasnt really familiar with this tournament so I looked it up. It appears its growing into one of the tougher tournaments. There are 40 teams with # 6 Archer , # 7 Stillwater Ok, #24 Bettendorf Ia, #29 Neosho Mo. There are over 40 state champions per their website. I hate you are without some of your guys. Keep us posted youthcoach. 

Typically I would say that the KC tournament (under it's various names) has had between 4 and 7 national Top 40 teams in any given year.  

Most weights will have at least 1-2 wrestlers ranked in the top 20 (the top couple of heavier weights excluded because the top talent at those weights is often not consolidated with the top teams... that is a whole other discussion on the importance of coaching vs raw athletic gifts in the lower / middle weights vs the upper weights).  Most years you will see a couple of weights with 5-6 national top 20 wrestlers in them and the average weights having 1-2.

Currently Archer leads the KC Stampede, Baylor is tied with Thompson AL for 16th and Collins Hill is 30th.

Powell was runner-up in his pool Friday advancing to the Gold Bracket (Top 16).

Sutherland won his pool advancing to the Gold Bracket (Top 16).

Seagraves won his pool advancing to the Gold Bracket (Top 16).

Parker won his pool advancing to the Gold Bracket (Top 16).

Schmissrauter won his pool advancing to the Gold Bracket (Top 16).

Reiniche won his pool advancing to the Gold Bracket (Top 16).

Currently Archer leads the KC Stampede, Baylor is tied with Thompson AL for 16th and Collins Hill is 30th.

Powell was runner-up in his pool Friday advancing to the Gold Bracket (Top 16).

Sutherland won his pool advancing to the Gold Bracket (Top 16).

Seagraves won his pool advancing to the Gold Bracket (Top 16).

Parker won his pool advancing to the Gold Bracket (Top 16).

Schmissrauter won his pool advancing to the Gold Bracket (Top 16).

Reiniche won his pool advancing to the Gold Bracket (Top 16).

It's been a brutal 2nd day. We are all banged up or sick it seems. We've squeaked out a few and lost a few we shouldn't have. Some of the weight classes are brutal. Parker just won in overtime to advance to the finals. The tournament was a complete fiasco the first day but has ran much better today.