West High School's next Head Coach

SGHSAlum93

Cummings will be back in 3-5 years after he is run off from Cleveland because it looks like they hired him just off the fact he won a state title. He has a track record of underachieving with decent talent. But go ahead, ask him how good he is, he will tell you.

A track record of underachieving?  

Scott took a program that had had little success and saw potentially good players leave the zone on a regular basis prior to his getting the head coaching job there, and since has taken his team to the finals the last two years, winning the state this past year, and making the semifinals in two of the previous three years prior to the two finals appearances.  

That's semifinals or better in 4 of 5 years.  

If that's "underachieving" then I promise you that every high school coach in the state, with maybe a couple of exceptions in Blount County, would like to underachieve like that.   

• Upvote 1

Cummings will be back in 3-5 years after he is run off from Cleveland because it looks like they hired him just off the fact he won a state title. He has a track record of underachieving with decent talent. But go ahead, ask him how good he is, he will tell you.

It will be interesting to see how the search plays out. You'd think they will go with Kevin Lane, but with Knox County you never know. They are just as likely to hire me or you. If whoever gets it is from outside of Knox county, they will probably regret it in a few years because Knox County is one of the worst counties in the state as far as supporting coaches and athletics. If that goon Jim McIntyre had his way, there would be no athletics in Knox County. With the lack of support and NO middle school football in the county, I think it makes Knox Co very unattractive to top candidates.

Funny that an Admiral speaks about underachieving... Many have said that about Farragut over the last few years.

#EAD

Edited by Knoxvul

It will be interesting to see how the search plays out. You'd think they will go with Kevin Lane, but with Knox County you never know. They are just as likely to hire me or you. If whoever gets it is from outside of Knox county, they will probably regret it in a few years because Knox County is one of the worst counties in the state as far as supporting coaches and athletics. If that goon Jim McIntyre had his way, there would be no athletics in Knox County. With the lack of support and NO middle school football in the county, I think it makes Knox Co very unattractive to top candidates.

He only took 1 coach with him.  No way in H. E double hockey sticks he returns to Knox County Schools,  maybe a private

Edited by OakRidgeKat

Funny that an Admiral speaks about underachieving... Many have said that about Farragut over the last few years.

#EAD

I agree 100% Farragut has under achieved, but I think you are wrong on how long. I graduated in 1996 after a pretty good run which includes a semifinal run my senior year. I went away for college but returned in 2000 for work. I started following Farragut very closely again in 2004. I think Farragut has SEVERELY underachieved since 2005. There is no question Farragut had enough talent on 3 or 4 teams since then to win a state title. 

Sweet hashtag to end your post. Go back to twitter and the 3A/4A board.

• Upvote 1

I agree 100% Farragut has under achieved, but I think you are wrong on how long. I graduated in 1996 after a pretty good run which includes a semifinal run my senior year. I went away for college but returned in 2000 for work. I started following Farragut very closely again in 2004. I think Farragut has SEVERELY underachieved since 2005. There is no question Farragut had enough talent on 3 or 4 teams since then to win a state title.

Thankfully I can go where I feel on CoachT! I'll stay here and follow along!

I'm full of hashtags big fella!

#COABOHC

Carry on underachiever!

The West Rebels are 58-12 over the last 5 years (.830).  The Ads are 27-27 (.500).  Not sure how you define under achieving (or the term recent) - but if .830 is underachieving then .500 makes you irrelevant.  West has won more games in the last 5 years than the Ads have even played.  Scott Cummings is a good coach and a better man.  You would have been lucky to have him. 

The West Rebels are 58-12 over the last 5 years (.830).  The Ads are 27-27 (.500).  Not sure how you define under achieving (or the term recent) - but if .830 is underachieving then .500 makes you irrelevant.  West has won more games in the last 5 years than the Ads have even played.  Scott Cummings is a good coach and a better man.  You would have been lucky to have him. 

case closed.  Good one Meritt

He is leaving because he knows the talent pool is drying up and he will be back to the old ways of winning 7 games a year. He has done nothing special outside of when he is LOADED with talent, as he has been the 5 years. I am convinced that half the coaches in the Knox County Parks and Rec Youth Football League could have won as many games as Scott Cummings with all the talent West has had on its roster the last few years. He choked the state title game last year when he should've won. 

I know Cleveland has had a little talent the last few years so he MIGHT be ok, but I don't think he is by any means a great coach. But just ask him, he will tell you how good he is. 

As for the Fulton fan on here, I find it ironic that a Fulton fan is coming to the aid of the West football coach. You all have had several really good players on your roster the last 5 years that are zoned for West, but recruited to Fulton.

Also, keep the goofy hashtags coming!

He is leaving because he knows the talent pool is drying up and he will be back to the old ways of winning 7 games a year. He has done nothing special outside of when he is LOADED with talent, as he has been the 5 years. I am convinced that half the coaches in the Knox County Parks and Rec Youth Football League could have won as many games as Scott Cummings with all the talent West has had on its roster the last few years. He choked the state title game last year when he should've won.

I know Cleveland has had a little talent the last few years so he MIGHT be ok, but I don't think he is by any means a great coach. But just ask him, he will tell you how good he is.

As for the Fulton fan on here, I find it ironic that a Fulton fan is coming to the aid of the West football coach. You all have had several really good players on your roster the last 5 years that are zoned for West, but recruited to Fulton.

Also, keep the goofy hashtags coming!

I didn't come to the "aid" of anyone. Just found your statement moronic. I like Coach Cummings personally. Sorry that you don't. Keep the recruiting comments coming. We will just keep winning.

#HGH