West High School's next Head Coach

SGHSAlum93

I tried to tell you, there's only 3 of them. Merit, WH4L and Runninrebels.

That's one of the reasons why he left. Poor fan support

You care to elaborate on that one?  I'm pretty sure we had more than 3 fans in the stands.  Did you see the stands for the Championship game in the pouring rain and freezing temps?  8 years ago they would have paid you to watch - the last 5 years have been pretty solid. 

You care to elaborate on that one? I'm pretty sure we had more than 3 fans in the stands. Did you see the stands for the Championship game in the pouring rain and freezing temps? 8 years ago they would have paid you to watch - the last 5 years have been pretty solid.

Agreed...we outnumbered Hillsboro 3-1 that night..still haven't heard from a lot of the middle Tennessee supporters since that night.

Anyway on the subject of coach leaving I wish him nothing but the best and look forward to the next West vs Cleveland game...could even be this year if the cards fall right - with football you never know.

Coach did a great job and gave everything he had over the last 30 years to West including being apart of the schools first state championship. He went out a winner and I don't blame him for leaving for many of the reasons other posters have already mentioned.

As for the new coach I have no idea who they will hire, but I would love for them to keep it inside the family and hire Coach Lane to keep this great run going. Whoever they do hire will inherit some talented kids with a lot of heart and motivation to prove they belong.

Go West!

Agreed...we outnumbered Hillsboro 3-1 that night..still haven't heard from a lot of the middle Tennessee supporters since that night.

Anyway on the subject of coach leaving I wish him nothing but the best and look forward to the next West vs Cleveland game...could even be this year if the cards fall right - with football you never know.

Coach did a great job and gave everything he had over the last 30 years to West including being apart of the schools first state championship. He went out a winner and I don't blame him for leaving for many of the reasons other posters have already mentioned.

As for the new coach I have no idea who they will hire, but I would love for them to keep it inside the family and hire Coach Lane to keep this great run going. Whoever they do hire will inherit some talented kids with a lot of heart and motivation to prove they belong.

Go West!

Schedule has already been made, it won't be this year.