Grundy HC Search

Birddog

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Del good info. Who are the other2 to interview that hasn't been mentioned.

Heard this morning through the good ole reliable grapevine that a coach would be named by Saturday. I'll hang up now abc listen.

Don't have the other 2 names. Seriously I don't. I've heard a few grapevine rumblings myself. There's no telling what will happen.

Jacketbacker might want to look at Coach Barger's record against Grundy while he was the head coach at Sequatchie. Also head to head vs. Bryant. He took Sequatchie over when they were in shambles 1-19 the two years before he arrived and got them back to relevance and a share of the region title as well. Would they hire a middle school coach with no high school coaching experience over a proven head coach or guy like Scooby who have years of high school coaching experience? Just wondering.

Barger would be a good solid hire.     

Edited by possum

This old geezer has to disagree with Evans being considered a good hire. Jason and his family are the nicest people that you could ever meet. I honestly hated the way things ended for him at MC. However were talking about the business side of things and he just wasn't getting the results that he should have been with the loaded group of talent that he had. Some people are not fit to fill the leader role. I know it was stated that he didn't apply, but was just chatting since its the slow time of the year. I wish him all the success and hope Grundy can get back to relevance. This old geezer loves it when the valley is a booming with good teams!!

Clay county and cohulla creek records should be thrown out the window. Both are irrelevant in high school football. To me this hire is very critical for Grundy. In the valley you have Vic back at sp and they are on the upswing and you have mc who has been pretty good the last few years. Anything short of a solid hire and I am betting some of those kids make their way down the valley to play at these better programs. Critical critical hire, my hunch is that the middle school coach gets it to save face.