District 13 AA Girls Basketball

charlesc

Friday night's game of Westview vs Dyersburg @ Dyersburg should be a good one. Close to tournament time and teams are starting to peak. Will Dyersburg be able to stop Westview's point guard and have some of their other players be able to step up and compliment Myah's play? Or will Westview be able to stop Myah and have some players step up and knock down shots?? Only time will tell :)

Well I think both your questions were answered tonight........Myah had around 5 points and I think Westview's point guard had about the same.  The supporting cast for both teams had to step up and make shots.  It was a battle, as it always is in this district.

I was at the game and South Gibson played well. Taylor for Dyersburg was on the bench a ton in the 1st half. May have been foul trouble. Was the seeds already set for the tournament or did the South Gibson victory hurt Dyersburg?

Westview and Dyersburg would have been tied for 1st if Westview would have lost and Dyersburg would have won. But since Westview won, they were already the #1 seed regardless of how Dyersburg came out last night.

Dyersburg lost to Crockett by 1 point. Dyersburg honestly didn't play well enough for it to be that close, but closed the gap to 1 after trailing by 9 with under 2 minutes remaining. Myah Taylor was fouled going for a lose ball with less than 10 seconds and there was no call by the officials. Dyersburg fouled and Crockett made the front end of a 1-1 and Myah Taylor rebounded, threw up a desperation 3/4 shot that sailed a whopping 5 feet. Clearly fouled again at the buzzer. No whistle. Again, Crockett played a great game. Dyersburg didn't play well enough to win IMO, but those were definitely 2 missed calls. Major set back for the Lady Trojans.

Not going to get a foul at opposite end of court with one second on clock and offensive player jumps into defender while yelling at referee foul before contact is ever made. UTM will have their hands full with her and her attitude, but if anyone can make her a player it will be McMillan.

• Upvote 1

Not going to get a foul at opposite end of court with one second on clock and offensive player jumps into defender while yelling at referee foul before contact is ever made. UTM will have their hands full with her and her attitude, but if anyone can make her a player it will be McMillan

I agree with your point--to some extent--regarding the 2nd missed foul.  The 1st missed foul of the last 10 seconds was the bad one.  I will reiterate, however: Dyersburg lost that game themselves.  The officails were not responsible.  We were outplayed.

Now regarding Myah's "attitude." I think you have confused passion with having an

"attitude." Having a bad attitude doesn't get you triple-doubles, 44 point games, a 3.2 GPA, multiple individual state championships, and the respect, support Myah has. Passion (and talent), however, can.