District 13 AA Girls Basketball

charlesc

Milan is the opponent for DHS in the men's opening round bracket as well. Both games will be played Tuesday night in Dyersburg. 

I know that Semi-finals and championship games for 13AA are played at Westview and that he winner of DHS/Milan plays Crockett County and winner of SG/OCC plays Westview.  Do we know the dates and times of the semi-finals and championship game yet?  The full bracket hasn't been posted yet.

Westview is the best team from top to bottom and should take the district championship. If they get clicking on all cylinders, they could very well make a run to Murfreesboro. Whoever makes it to the Region 7AA championship should wind up in Murfreesboro. I've seen the top AA teams out of Memphis, don't think they can beat the top teams out of 7AA.

Yeah we knew they were going to be good with some experience. They were also missing a starter that wasn't there against us the second game that played alot in the state last year. Real thin girl with a lot of potential. Did they lose someone or one get kicked off?

Westview returned very little experience. They start 1 freshman, 1 sophomore, 1 junior and 2 seniors... Only 2 of those got quality playing time last year, Pritchett and Flippen. The players coming off the bench are inexperienced as well.

The thin black girl that subbed in and out last year and played in the first game against us wasn't there when we played them. Where is she at?

She had to sit out two games (at Dyersburg and at Gibson Co) due to a "flagrant foul" that was a joke call. She came down from a rebound and accidentally elbowed the girl on the top of the head. The referee apologized for the call after being shown the play on film at halftime of the boys game. He only saw the end of the play and didn't think it through before calling it. Anyways, she is back now and playing for them

Yeah she gave you guys some good minutes against Elizabethton last year. The future is really bright for you guys. I knew once these young girls started getting some experience you would be tough. I think you guys are a year away from being state title contenders but you guys might make a little noise this year. Think if you can stay out of South Sides bracket in the region you will make it to The Boro.