Girls Wrestling Rankings

1VIKINGNATION

Can someone clarify the requirements for the girls and their ranking?

I did not notice any girls in the boys rankings the entire year.

Are these girls qualifying for the boys tournament currently wrestling? If not, then when did they wrestle and at what weights?

Perhaps one could start a new thread for just the ladies wrestling each other. It would seem more appropriate considering the original topic..................why do I care you ask?

Anna Botello. Wrestled boys in 2010/11 as a sophomore, and a first year wrestler. She went 11-22 against the boys with 7 pins, she also represented her team at the small school duals that year. In 2011/12 she went 14-0 with 14 pins and won the girls state invitational title, pinning her way through the finals. I didnt coach her the following year, 2012/13. She suffered one loss that season to the little gal from Indy. She avenged that loss and won her second girls title. Anna weighed a whopping 113 pounds soaking wet and wrested at 120. She should be included on someones list.

Can someone clarify the requirements for the girls and their ranking?

I did not notice any girls in the boys rankings the entire year.

Are these girls qualifying for the boys tournament currently wrestling? If not, then when did they wrestle and at what weights?

Perhaps one could start a new thread for just the ladies wrestling each other. It would seem more appropriate considering the original topic..................why do I care you ask?

Anna Botello. Wrestled boys in 2010/11 as a sophomore, and a first year wrestler. She went 11-22 against the boys with 7 pins, she also represented her team at the small school duals that year. In 2011/12 she went 14-0 with 14 pins and won the girls state invitational title, pinning her way through the finals. I didnt coach her the following year, 2012/13. She suffered one loss that season to the little gal from Indy. She avenged that loss and won her second girls title. Anna weighed a whopping 113 pounds soaking wet and wrested at 120. She should be included on someones list.

• 1 month later...

Clarissa Ceffalo from Elizabethton was a 3 time champion and was voted best girl wrestler in the state her Senior year. She currently is on a club team in college.She regurally pinned most of the boys in the room when she was there including two former Region 1 Champions.

Edited by REVDL

Any want to select the best TN female wrestlers of all time?

I will begin with two... 1. Proctor - Cookeville 2. Gessler - Tullahoma

Others?

I may be a little biased here (as she is my fiancée) but I do believe that would have to be Victoria Nguyen from Science Hill.

2x TN State champ and State OW is just at the bottom of her accomplishments. She honestly doesn't even like me to mention those accolades. Victoria (Twee) went on to wrestle in college at King, which is the top women's program in the nation. While there, she was a 2x college AA and even qualified for the World Team Trials by placing in Las Vegas!

I don't beleive any other TN wrestler has anything close to those stats yet. Actually, I don't even know of any other TN girl who has continued their career on to college and lasted a full year.

Edited by KingGreene