Mr. Basketball Nominations

FridayMainEvent

@westtennhoops have you seen Big Sandy play, they have a sophomore or a junior that is scoring 30 and 40 points a night, Trey Phifer.... I haven't seen him play so I don't know if he is legit as they say.

No I have not seen him play but have seen his name in paper a lot for scoring. He must be able to play to be putting up those #s. Just don't know what else he does besides score/shoot. I've also see Stockdale and Berry from Union City and they both are real good players. I'm partial to players that produce in multiple categories and can play multiple positions.

It would be very difficult to give you just one player in each class, so I will mention a few in each that I have scouted this season.

Single A Prospects : DeMarco Jackson Lead Academy, Jeremiah Martin Mitchell, Justin Bowlen Jellico, Marcus Deberry Union City, John Payne Goodpasture, Stanley Valentine Hampton, Connor Hall Jackson County.

My top 3 in order would be: Martin 1 because he is arguably the best player on the best team in the state,can do everything on the floor,possibly most all around talented player in the class, and a legit division 1 player. Bowlen 2 because he has quietly became the states all-time assist leader, maybe the best floor general in state and is a very underrated scorer. Payne 3 possibly single a's most explosive scorer in state, in my opinion 2nd best Single A player Ive seen this season behind Martin and another division 1 prospect. If you remove Bowlen and Payne from their respective teams, they would be 7-10 win teams maximum. Especially in Payne case.

I will post both Aa and AAA later.

No I have not seen him play but have seen his name in paper a lot for scoring. He must be able to play to be putting up those #s. Just don't know what else he does besides score/shoot. I've also see Stockdale and Berry from Union City and they both are real good players. I'm partial to players that produce in multiple categories and can play multiple positions.

Phifer can flat out score, but his team is not very good!

Guest WilliamPayne

I am humbled that some people have thought enough of my son to mention him with some of these great TN high school players (Payne Goodpasture is mine, lol). It will be interesting to see how it plays out. Fun to watch.

Jeremiah Martin is definitely my number one, the kid can flat out get it done night in and night out. There isn't much flaw to his game and he makes it look effortless, you could never question that he'll make a impact in college . Next I would go with John Payne watched this kid play at cookeville and watched him play aau over the summer and he can score with the best of them, has great handles and a soft touch, and has crazy good athleticism also his length makes him a lethal defender. My third would be Justin Bowlin he's Tennessees all-time assist leader(happened this year) and he has a nice pull up three and a killer crossover watched him play last week and had a 39 and 35 pt. game back to back getting doubled, best court vision I've saw in 20+ years. Would be happy for any of these guys to win it, they all are great players and very entertaining to watch!