Miss Basketball Nominations

FridayMainEvent

I'm going to stick with what i know for sure, and give you the facts but i intend to update my post later with more recent information.

Class A

My nomination for Class A would be 5' 11'' Junior Kassidy Allen from Jackson County High. When you look at a Miss Basketball finalist, you shouldn't only look at what they themselves have achieved (though that is very important), but you look at what they've done to advance their team. I looked back at info. i had found in articles and her achievements are plentiful.

-Upper Cumberland Freshman of the Year

-District 7a All Tournament Team x2

-Region 4a All Tournament Team

-Class A All State Team x2

-Upper Cumberland honorable mention and Upper Cumberland all second team

-District 7a all first and third teams 

As a team she has helped the Lady Devils to 

2 District Championships in 7a

1 Region Championship

1 Class A State Championship

1 Class A State Runner-up

She has started her entire high school career and at the very least deserves a nomination. She has, in my opinion did what her team needed of her, being a truly unselfish player. When Flynn got her due to an ACL, Allen stepped up as a PG, Sacrificing the ability to be a big scorer, instead leaving that to Coe. She has played for the biggest powerhouse program in Single A, alongside such players as Brooklyn Apple (Lipscomb), Makenzie Hensley (VA-Wise) and of course, two time Miss Basketball Winner, Jaycee Coe (UK). My guess is that her stats aren't as impressive as those of some other players because it's harder to average a ton of stats when everyone on your team is capable of what Jackson County is historically capable of. 

I would have to agree with Micah Scheetz for 2A

She is fun to watch! Very strong guard with great handling skills. Has had double doubles throughout season and a triple double recently. She has led her team since she was a Freshman and was MVP of State 2014 as well as Miss Basketball 2014 and has only improved her game this season. Averaging 22 points per game she also leads in most stats. I definitely think this kid deserves a back to back Miss Basketball for her dedication and hard work!

Haris Price at Gatlinburg-Pittman High School should be heavily considered for AA Miss Basketball.  She is easily one of the top point guards in the state.  The heavily recruited senior is averaging the following:

18 points per game

6.9 assists per game

4.1 rebound per game

5.8 steals per game

According to MPreps website (I know all teams don't report), she is the 8th leading scorer listed, leads in assists, right in front of UCONN signee Crystal Dangerfield, and leads in steals in the state.

Edited by NotThatItMatters

I would second a number of players listed here including -

A - Madison Heckert - probably the most double double in the state.  Not sure if this stat is available but my guess is she has recorded a double double in 20+ games.  

AA - Myah Taylor - Others listed credentials

I would also like to add Raven Fair Single A Union City - 

She is currently the single A leading scorer at 21.8 PPG on a team where she is constantly double teamed.  

She is 3rd overall in the state in scoring and MANY of the Union City games have been against AA and AAA competition.  Raven is also averaging 8.5 rebounds per game and 3.8 steals per game. 

Finally she led her team to the single A state title game in her Soph and junior seasons.  

Edited by Alijah

Abby Dew from Houston County for single A.  She started as a Freshman at PG.  Has been all-district and all-tournament all years.  Last yr was all region and all area team.  Houston county has moved from AP Pll from 6th in 2013, to 4th 2014 to 2nd place this year.  She has been a big part of this.  They made their very first state appearance last year.  She is scoring 20 pts a game, 5 asissts, 3 steals, 3 rebounds and field goal % is over 50%.  Has already scored her 1000 pts.  Expecting this team to make another state appearance this year.  My understanding she had multiple scholarship offers.  I have watched her play and her jump shot is the best out there IMO.