Miss Basketball Nominations

FridayMainEvent

Gcpioneer not just going off who they have signed with have seen both Dangerfield and Jackson up close and personal last two years. Yeah neither are averaging huge numbers but they don't have to as they have a starting 5 full of div 1 talent. With the supporting cast they are not required to be 20 pt. Plus scorers. All I will say is if there are better players in TN then I would like to see them. And yeah you could use who they signing with if you want it is not like TN and UConn sign just any player!!

Dangerfield is a slam dunk.  I think GC's point is that, Jackson while a phenomenal talent and a great player, was not quite as outstanding over the full course of the season.  Dangerfield was more consistently dominant on a night in night out basis.  No knock on Jackson....GC please correct me if I misread your earlier post on this.  

And to second GC's post....Madison Heckert leading her team to an undefeated record while consistently post double-doubles (and sometimes triple-doubles), should be a slam dunk in single A.  If there is another player in single A that has led their team to an undefeated season...and put up double doubles almost every single game (and averaged a double-double), please speak up, Bouldin withstanding (team has lost 4 games, twice to Jackson Co but double digits, but still a very good record).  

Dangerfield is a slam dunk. I think GC's point is that, Jackson while a phenomenal talent and a great player, was not quite as outstanding over the full course of the season. Dangerfield was more consistently dominant on a night in night out basis. No knock on Jackson....GC please correct me if I misread your earlier post on this.

And to second GC's post....Madison Heckert leading her team to an undefeated record while consistently post double-doubles (and sometimes triple-doubles), should be a slam dunk in single A. If there is another player in single A that has led their team to an undefeated season...and put up double doubles almost every single game (and averaged a double-double), please speak up, Bouldin withstanding (team has lost 4 games, twice to Jackson Co but double digits, but still a very good record).

That's exactly what I was getting at. I agree about Heckert as well!

I mentioned Brandi Beasley from Ridgeway in a previous post. She has led her team to an undefeated regular season this far and play Overton in the Memphis City Championships on Saturday. Brandi is a great kid, high academics, and holds multiple SEC offers as a current junior. I've seen most of the states top teams/players and Brandi is definitely worthy of being a Miss Basketball finalist in AAA.

In AA, Gatlinburg-Pittman senior, Haris Price, has recorded triple-doubles in past two games (3rd of year).

In win at Fulton - 25 points, 11 rebounds, 10 assists

Win vs. Carter - 14 points, 12 steals, and 10 assists

On the year she is averaging 18.3 PPG, 7.1 APG, 6 SPG, 4.5 RPG

She is such an exciting point guard to watch!!  She is a Lee University signee and should definitely be considered for Double AA Miss Basketball!!!