Miss Basketball Nominations

FridayMainEvent

Kassidy Allen has to be on the list for single A.  It will be a shame if she isn't.  I think she wins it as well.  I think Bouldin and Hackert are worthy also.  My push for Allen has to be more than the numbers game.  You have to weigh the district she is playing in as well.  I truly believe if Bouldin where in the same district playing the same quality teams night in night out her stats wouldn't be as padded as they are.   It helps when you are playing in the weakest district in all of single A ball to achieve great stats.  I am not taking anything away from her, she is a very good athlete and will get some strong strong looks and play at a reputable college no doubt.  But at the end of the day I have seen both Bouldin and Allen play and my vote hands down is Allen.  With that being said Bouldin is a strong contender and wish nothing but great success for her future.  When taking it all into consideration though these are strong points that have to be thought about.

Kassidy Allen has to be on the list for single A.  It will be a shame if she isn't.  I think she wins it as well.  I think Bouldin and Hackert are worthy also.  My push for Allen has to be more than the numbers game.  You have to weigh the district she is playing in as well.  I truly believe if Bouldin where in the same district playing the same quality teams night in night out her stats wouldn't be as padded as they are.   It helps when you are playing in the weakest district in all of single A ball to achieve great stats.  I am not taking anything away from her, she is a very good athlete and will get some strong strong looks and play at a reputable college no doubt.  But at the end of the day I have seen both Bouldin and Allen play and my vote hands down is Allen.  With that being said Bouldin is a strong contender and wish nothing but great success for her future.  When taking it all into consideration though these are strong points that have to be thought about.

I thought this was posted from my account at first because of the similarities in our handles, ha. But, i couldn't agree with you more. Very well said! I found something interesting yesterday. I went back and looked at the JC Vs. Van buren record since Allen and Bouldin have been playing and the record is 7-0 in favor of Jackson County, which shows the difference in the caliber of teams they play for. (one game VB lost by 51 points. I wish both of them the best as they both seem to be class acts, but in my opinion, it would be a travesty if Allen didn't get Miss Basketball.

So your going to penalize Bouldin for being in a weak district? She cannot control that. It doesn't matter who her team plays she shines. I'm not going to disagree, Allen is in a much tougher district but saying just because Bouldin's district is weak she's not as good a player is ridiculous. 

I'm not penalizing anyone, I'm simply calling it how it is. I have said time and again that i think Bouldin is a fine athlete that will go on to achieve great things. However, i have watched both Allen and Bouldin play and i would pick Allen any day of the week. It's a fact that Bouldin plays in the worst Single A district in the state, and it's a fact that Allen plays in the best. The only person being penalized is Allen when people mention that Bouldin has much higher stats, but they don't realize that Allen plays with 4 teammates that are of District 7a caliber making it harder to have such high stats. If Allen were to switch places with Bouldin, there is no doubt in my mind that she would dominate Bouldin's district and region. 

We were simply saying that if your team's only "play" is to pass the ball to Bouldin, it isn't possible for her to have low stats. Surely you can't disagree that being on a team that has won district 7a the last 5 years and been in the state championship game the last 3, that Allen faces much more of a challenge than Bouldin.

Same could be said about it being a travesty if Heckert doesn't win Miss Basketball. West Carroll would not get 20 wins this year without Heckert, with Heckert, they're 26-0. Not only that, but she's a 4.0 student and a great kid.

I'm just not familiar enough with West Carroll or Heckert to give any commentary. But she sounds like a great young lady!

I'm not disagreeing with the districts one but it's pretty much fact 7a is the best not disbuting it. However Bouldin is shooting 62 percent from the field so it's not like she is chucking up bricks the whole game. Also the non district schedule they play is nothing like the district schedule so that is almost a mute point

I'm not disagreeing with the districts one but it's pretty much fact 7a is the best not disbuting it. However Bouldin is shooting 62 percent from the field so it's not like she is chucking up bricks the whole game. Also the non district schedule they play is nothing like the district schedule so that is almost a mute point

You're right it doesn't look the same, but they also haven't advanced past substate so it isn't a mute point. Also, Allen, had a higher field goal percentage than Jaycee Coe last year. 

i would say that bouldin is definitly a better mvp candidate. she is definitly the mvp of her team. you take her away and they don't have much. no disrespect. she has huge stats. futurecoy what colleges are looking at her other than utc?

MVP of her team, no doubt. i haven't disputed that.