Miss Basketball Nominations

FridayMainEvent

I don't have a better one in mind and 7a is usually historically very good but this year they are not as great as years past. Im willing to bet all those players you mentioned were from the three teams i mentioned earlier. I'm also willing to bet that i cannot be the only one tired of hearing how great 7a is. I'm strictly talking about this season jackson and clarkrange are very good like i said but other than that its like any other district. You said earlier that Bouldins team struggles outside of district play well they beat clay and montery by 20 both times they played them. if  I'm not mistaken clay and monterey are in your much heralded 7a. And just because i know your going to bring it up i know VB lost to jackson by 20 and 14 when they played but like i said after jackson and clarkrange just like any other district this season.

I don't have a better one in mind and 7a is usually historically very good but this year they are not as great as years past. Im willing to bet all those players you mentioned were from the three teams i mentioned earlier. I'm also willing to bet that i cannot be the only one tired of hearing how great 7a is. I'm strictly talking about this season jackson and clarkrange are very good like i said but other than that its like any other district. You said earlier that Bouldins team struggles outside of district play well they beat clay and montery by 20 both times they played them. if  I'm not mistaken clay and monterey are in your much heralded 7a. And just because i know your going to bring it up i know VB lost to jackson by 20 and 14 when they played but like i said after jackson and clarkrange just like any other district this season

I'm not sure i follow you. You're saying that 3 out of the five teams in 7 A are better than any other district, and that those three teams could beat VB by double digits but then you go on to say that with all that said, 7A isn't that good and it's like every other district. that's a majority. Honestly, i couldn't name another team in VB's district. Of course every district has bad teams in it, but when the majority is on the level that the majority of 7a is, that's what makes 7a the best for single a ball

Edited by TNBball43

First I did not say 3 teams from 7a could be VB by double digits I said Jackson did, Clarkrange probably could but VB would beat Pickett in my opinion. Second and this is where it gets confusing I do agree that 7a is a good district my point is that this season 7a is not as good as everyone is making it out to be. 

What is it with people acting like 7a is just this juggernaut district this season? I get it clarkrange and Jackson are really good and Pickett is okay but people act like if you play in 7a your royality there are a lot of districts that have three teams that are good so is if like a history thing because this season 7a is not as great as people say

AMEN-

It's not only history, even though that's a part of it, and 22 state championships come from it. Perhaps you say this because you have a better Single A district in mind. Let's hear it. With players like Allen, Cooper, Shaver, Ferell, Meadows, and Flynn to name a few, it better be one heck of a district!

How about 9A with players like Pierce, Wilkerson, Buckner, Golden, Yost, and Hawkins. All these girls return next year too. I think it is one heck of a district. Believe there are players in this district that have better stats than the previously stated in 7a.

District 7a stats were just released in the Herald-Citizen.

Allen led district 7A in scoring along with Meadows from Clarkrange averaging 14.7 points during the regular season. She was also second in rebounds behind 6'2 Meadows, with 6.7 rebounds (Allen being a wing), and 2.7 assists per game. 

To have such a great impact of 7A is worthy of recognition! i stand by my bid for Allen!

Kassidy Allen has been on the State all tourney team '13 and '14. as a freshman and sophomore. She has the foot speed to pressure point guards on defense, long arms to limit the threes. Edited by jimbo44

How about 9A with players like Pierce, Wilkerson, Buckner, Golden, Yost, and Hawkins. All these girls return next year too. I think it is one heck of a district. Believe there are players in this district that have better stats than the previously stated in 7a.

That's exactly my point, you can stack higher stats with a weaker district. 

7a only has 4 teams other than Jackson so that's 8 district games if Allen is such a great player how then is she only averaging 14 points you can have the best district in the world but it's still only 8 games you act like Jackson is playing clarkrange every night when that is not the case 8 games isn't even 1/3 of the schedule

7a only has 4 teams other than Jackson so that's 8 district games if Allen is such a great player how then is she only averaging 14 points you can have the best district in the world but it's still only 8 games you act like Jackson is playing clarkrange every night when that is not the case 8 games isn't even 1/3 of the schedule

I'm glad you asked that question. There are really two reasons.

1st- Kassidy Allen isn't the only good player on her team, like many schools who have a runaway player that is fed the ball on every possession. She has Cameron Sheryll, Mckenzie Flynn, and Lindsey Phillips who are notable players that will possibly play at the next level. 

2nd- Jackson County plays many teams outside of their district that you are probably unaware of. Just over Christmas break they traveled to Florida to play in a Christmas tournament with teams that have elite talent. Don't be fooled in thinking that they only play 8 tough games each year.

Plus, 1/3 of the schedule would make quite an impact on anyone's stat points if taken into account. 

It's all about the way things are perceived. The voters can't put in someone that is only averaging 14 points and didn't win her districts MVP, fans would riot because whoever from wherever is averaging more points and was her districts MVP. They can't say "well she plays in a tough district and has some pretty good players on her team thats why her stats are a little lower but she is a pretty good defensive player." None of that would matter because fans would not perceive her to be worthy of a miss basketball nod.