Miss Basketball Nominations

FridayMainEvent

Neither Dangerfield or Johnson have outrageous stats (both average 15ppg) but both are amazing players. You don't see crazy ppg numbers in 7-AAA like you do elsewhere. The athletes on the top teams are great and points are spread out. Dangerfield I am sure is the favorite but Alex Johnson averages 9 rbg against a hard schedule. Either would be a great choice in my book. http://www.unapproved website.com/m/team/stats_by_player.aspx?gendersport=girls,basketball&schoolid=96d24e2a-eed9-4aaf-8d07-09443465772d

Edited by WarriorFan

How mamy finalest did not win District MVP? Congradulations to Elizabethton's Sarah Robinson.

Great team. Three or 4 players from this team could be the best in the state and Miss Basketball.

Really???

Umm yeeaah!!!

To answer your question smith county lost in the first round, therefore Callie Hackett did not have the opportunity to win district MVP. Although Anna Hammaker did win MVP.

My point was that you don't win 47 games in a row, winning most by 20+, and the highest anyone has scored on Elizabethton this year is just 42 points, without some great players. Kayla Marosites does what it takes to win ball games. A total team player and makes those around her better. Sarah Robinson and Kelci Marosites are as good as any player in the state, and could be picked as Miss Basketball, but all three being on the same team makes for some great games.

Really???

Umm yeeaah!!!

To answer your question smith county lost in the first round, therefore Callie Hackett did not have the opportunity to win district MVP. Although Anna Hammaker did win MVP.

Actually...Callie did. The 8AA tournament was canceled. She was player of the year & defensive player of the year. Need a link?

Actually...Callie did. The 8AA tournament was canceled. She was player of the year & defensive player of the year. Need a link?

Was the tournament really cancelled?  My understanding was that TSSAA required all games in basketball to be played.  In fact, I believe there are a couple of districts that are playing their championships today (Sunday).

Was the tournament really cancelled? My understanding was that TSSAA required all games in basketball to be played. In fact, I believe there are a couple of districts that are playing their championships today (Sunday).

You understood wrong. It's up to each district on how to determine seeding. You don't even have to have a district tournament if you don't want to. Numerous attempts were made to try to finish the district tournament. The weather didn't cooperate. The time limit comes in determining teams 1-4. They did ammend the rules this time.

From tssaa site:

http://tssaa.org/board-district-tournaments-2015/

Edited by Antwan

I was just looking at the paper here listing some of Callie Hackett's stats & records. She played in 123 games scoring in double figures 117 times. She averaged 20.9 points. She has the state record for free throw attempts with 1073 attempts besting previous record Nikki McCray (858). She has the record for made free throws 862...besting previous record (Kayla Hudson) by 214. She averaged 26 ppg & 6.2 assists against 13 AP ranked teams. She scored between 20-29 points 44 times & bested 30 points 16 times. She scored over 40 three times & over 50 once. She shot 48% from the field...34% from 3 & 82% from the free throw line. She was all district defensive team as a soph...defensive player of the year her junior & senior years. She was district MVP this year...was a very close 2nd to Sissom (Miss BB last year)...last year. That all coming from the point guard position.