district 14

stock68

You are correct, Mitchell is not close to UC. You all are the better team.

I didnt think you had an answer..And your so good at underlining you need to go back and see where I said I thought Mitchell was still the number 1 team in the state in my eyes..Your just good at putting words in peoples mouths and want to dog them afterwards but your trick will not work with me..Go back and look at the film coverage from last year and tell me im wrong..I know you can do that because your the Principal.

There is a lot, and I mean a lot of Basketball to be played before a possible match up takes place between Mitchell and Union City.  Union City takes their games one at a time.  Now with that said, I will take the Union City coaches up against ANY team in the state....Shelby Co. or wherever.  They ave 5 Gold balls since the early 1990's.  They are getting better every game and have only lost to Nationally Ranked teams other than their first game of the season loosing to Jackson Southside by 6 with tree starters in street clothes.  In 2009 when U C won the state we went undefeated, 37 - 0....was down by 17 at the half in the final game against a Memphis team and came back and shocked them. So, I really hate rankings, I wish we weren't even ranked but until Union City gets beat, they are simply the best team in Class A no matter who you say is.  GO Tornadoes !!!

UC needs to quit worrying about Mitchell.UC jumped on LC by 17 points in the first half with and then LC poppedvthem in the mouth thevrest ofbthe game.LC was called for 1o fouls in the first half to Uc 3.UC hit 27 free throwsbtonLC 10.UC Player fouledc a LC player in the face with the ball under the UC basket and he fellnto the flootvlettingbgonof the ball and UC picked it upnfor an easy 2 points and the LCvcoachvwas livid and was called for a tech.That could have decided the game butbthe key was LC not gettijg any callsvand UC getting to shoot so many free throws.Young official beat LC in a game earlier this year and seems to be Siscos best friend.He had a fan tossed from thevLC side due to not likingbhis horribe officiating when he should have been tossed.U C coach said on the radionthat LC outplayed UC and should havd won but LC just got too far down.Surprised allbthecUC fans haven't posted about the game.I'm sure had they won by 30 points they would have been all posting so Mitchell fans would think how great UC is.They will get on here whrn they blow a team out

By thevway.I know all that counts is the scoreboard at the end of the game.But had officials been from Memphis, UC would not have gotten all those calls.So LC players.Keepn your heads up.Yall played hard.UC has a fine team.So now if you play them again like you did tonight with different officials then you haveca chance.UC seems to think they have the game won easily beforevthe gamescare played on the court.UC is thevteam to beat but the district is more balanced this year from top to bottom.Years past have been UC, Humboldt and LC.While UC does have the team to beat Humbolt, Halls, LC and Gibson Co arecall pretty good with very young teams.I, d say the nedt few years the district will be as toughvas in years past but with more teams

I know I mis spelled a fewvwords but am on a smallntablet and letters are so close together.Not going back.Not hating on UC in previous post.They have a fine team.They won.But if they are going to win the Gold ballntheybwill havento bring it every night.was just commenting on the game last night

Edited by mrbigster

UC got out early on LC at Tiptonville to...Would like to hear some opposing views on the game because it's always the officials did this and the officials did that with bigster...Sorry I can't be that view...It was Valentine's Day yesterday...I had other priorities...

Sisco has already said that LC probably has the best athletes of any team in the district...He has also said he doesn't understand why the Falcons have such a bad record...I'd say coaching or lack thereof but that's me...

I'm sure he was disappointed in his team's defensive effort last night...79 points is too many to be allowing this time of year...

POSTSEASON BASKETBALL UPDATE: Despite less than its best against Lake County in the semifinals, the No. 1 ranked Union City boys will play for the District 14A Tournament championship.

The Golden Tornadoes got double figure scoring from four players, but saw an early 17-point lead dwindle to four late before holding off LC 83-79 in the first of two semifinals Saturday night at Trenton. Mr. Basketball finalist Marcus Deberry scored a game-high 25 points, Malik Stockdale and Donte Simpson tallied 17 apiece and Parker Stewart pitched in 12 for UC, which improved to 26-3 and will face second-seeded Humboldt for the 14A title on Tuesday. Humboldt rallied from 15 down in the second half to beat Halls in overtime 62-52.

This was from The Messenger...

I saw some photos of the game and they showed the scoreboard in the background...Every snapshot had UC up double digits, even up 10 with less than a minute to play...I guess UC missed some free throws and LC hit a couple threes at the end to make it close ?