13 AA Tournament

pioneer42

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crockett simply defends Dyersburg better than anyone the Lady Trojans have played this year.  Hart played an outstanding game once again.  Wouldn't be shocked if Crockett takes COY and MVP. Definitely deserve COY (IMO.) Also wouldn't be shocked if they pull the upset Saturday. What a turn-around for that squad.

For Dyersburg, they desperately need to win the consolation game.  That will put them opposite of the 14AA champion in the bracket.  To be quite honest, I think at this point in the season Dyersburg will fare better against a new, fresh opponent. Westview and especially Crockett have figured Dburg out.  Even if they pull out the next two, however, they'll have to beat either Crockett or Westview to clinch a substate birth.  Tough row to hoe.

Crockett simply defends Dyersburg better than anyone the Lady Trojans have played this year.  Hart played an outstanding game once again.  Wouldn't be shocked if Crockett takes COY and MVP. Definitely deserve COY (IMO.) Also wouldn't be shocked if they pull the upset Saturday. What a turn-around for that squad.

For Dyersburg, they desperately need to win the consolation game.  That will put them opposite of the 14AA champion in the bracket.  To be quite honest, I think at this point in the season Dyersburg will fare better against a new, fresh opponent. Westview and especially Crockett have figured Dburg out.  Even if they pull out the next two, however, they'll have to beat either Crockett or Westview to clinch a substate birth.  Tough row to hoe.

Just some things I was thinking about while reading this post. While Crockett has had a great season and Coach Witherspoon has done a GREAT job, it would be hard to leave Westview off the list for either COY or POY... They lost 1 district game by like 5 points... Tasia should be in talks for POY as Haskins should be in talks for COY. I have yet to see anyone be able to guard Tasia. She's a game changer for Westview and main reason why they have been as successful as they have this year. They returned 1 starter from last year in Flippen... Vincent and Pritchett got verrrrry little playing time last year. They lost 1 district game without Vincent playing...

Just some things I was thinking about while reading this post. While Crockett has had a great season and Coach Witherspoon has done a GREAT job, it would be hard to leave Westview off the list for either COY or POY... They lost 1 district game by like 5 points... Tasia should be in talks for POY as Haskins should be in talks for COY. I have yet to see anyone be able to guard Tasia. She's a game changer for Westview and main reason why they have been as successful as they have this year. They returned 1 starter from last year in Flippen... Vincent and Pritchett got verrrrry little playing time last year. They lost 1 district game without Vincent playing...

Oh, I agree.  I have said (on a seperate thread) that POY would be between Tasia Jones and the winner of tonight's semi final (either Myah Taylor or Hart).  Crockett simply didn't give Myah an inch of space AND she fouled out.  Hart put up a ton of points; as hard as it is to say, she wins that tossup easily.  All three of the mentioned players are ballers and could, in my opinion, make a case for POY. 

Haskins is without a doubt a great coach.  However, Westview is historically great at women's hoops, and regardless of the fact that they lost Rechis and others, they are expected and should (IMO) be able to constantly cultivate young, new talent to replace those young ladies.

Crockett County has been dismal over the years.  Coach Witherspoon has led this team to the region tourney for the first time in a decade.  It is the transformation that has taken place in Alamo that I think gives Witherspoon the edge. If Haskins does win, I would have no complaints.  Both are deserving.

Westview's only district loss is by 1 point in overtime to Dyersburg at Dyersburg without Vincent. For a team that is so young and who little believed would be a contender this year, it says a lot about the coach they have and how much their freshman Tasia has led them. Without her, they don't even come close to the success they have had. Saturday night's championship game should be a good one!

I may be wrong about this but this was really Crockett's year to be the favorite with them having most players returning from last year and Dudley's work with them in past.  Westview and Dyersburg both are playing with couple returning starters and host of other young players.  So Westview has definitely risen to the challenge.  Dyersburg was rising to the challenge, but for whatever reason has struggled as of late.  We had one of our sloppiest games last night and still came somewhat close to pulling it out.  It's no secret we rely on Myah much of the time and she has earned that right, but sometimes it seems she lets the pressure of that mess with her head too much instead of just playing her game.  I love the girl and think she's an outstanding athlete.  The best of players will have off nights.  But I also know she has to do her part here down the stretch cuz our younger girls don't have any tourney playing experience.  This district is always tough no matter what the talent level is.  It's always a battle with the top 3 or 4 every year.  I guess that's what makes it so much fun................and stressful :wacko: