P4P rankings?

MatWiz

It's difficult to argue Debian not being number 1. Soloman and Evans higher up too as well as Eli.

I feel like the reason Kennedy was ranked higher than Debian is that Kennedy dominated and pinned in the finals (Debian dominated in the finals to but didnt have as good of an opponent) as well as placed high at Virginia Beach last year, when Debian has only placed in greco and these rankings are based on folkstyle since that is what they wrestle at the high school level.

I feel like the reason Kennedy was ranked higher than Debian is that Kennedy dominated and pinned in the finals (Debian dominated in the finals to but didnt have as good of an opponent) as well as placed high at Virginia Beach last year, when Debian has only placed in greco and these rankings are based on folkstyle since that is what they wrestle at the high school level.

Pound for pound, means if they were the same weight who would win...Debian

Pound for pound top 10 in the state, what do you guys think it is? my top ten are:

1. Sean Kennedy

2. Chris Debian

3. Blake Sutherland

4. Ryan Parker

5. Knox Fuller

6. Chad Soloman

7. Eli King

8. Michael Murphy

9. Sammy Evans

10. Luke Mullins

Murphy & King should be moved up higher just based on what they have done at the national level. Folks, I don't care if it's Freestyle or Greco Roman if you place at the USA Wrestling Cadet/Junior Nationals in Fargo, ND you are veryyyyyyyyy tough. There is a reason that if Tom Brands offers a wrestling scholarship to an athlete they must compete in Fargo unless they are injured. If they are healthy and don't attend Fargo Tom pulls the scholarship. Edited by cbg

Pound for pound, means if they were the same weight who would win...Debian

What are you basing this off of? We know Debien has placed at fargo but Kennedy has placed at big national level folkstyle tournaments Debien has not placed in. Im not just going to use Kennedy but any of the top middle weights. I think Debien is an incredible wrestler and should be in the talks for p4p but would we be having this discussion if Oliver had gone to a public school or if Debien went to a private school? he could have gone to being a 4timer to never winning the state title. Freestyle and folkstyle do not always mean you are the best. In the old days Fargo meant much more but with all the national level folkstyle tournaments now not all your best wrestlers wrestle freestyle. Who are some of Debiens biggest wins in Tennessee? Im not saying hes not great... I just honestly don't know. How does he do with Ezra Taylor in the practice room?  

Here's why many will end up on top when it counts...

Takedown Sportswear Invitational January 2, 2015

Final Results

160 Jr Flo's #16 - Thomas Bullard (Archer) def. Blake Sutherland (Baylor) 4-2

170 Jr Flo's #13 - Daniel Bullard (Archer) def. Cayman Seagraves (Baylor) 4-2

A tried and tested Mr Seagraves could be a candidate for Baylor's best wrestler, right up there with Mr Sutherland & Murphy, and even Parker? This would be an incredible match between Kennedy & Seagraves!

What are you basing this off of? We know Debien has placed at fargo but Kennedy has placed at big national level folkstyle tournaments Debien has not placed in. Im not just going to use Kennedy but any of the top middle weights. I think Debien is an incredible wrestler and should be in the talks for p4p but would we be having this discussion if Oliver had gone to a public school or if Debien went to a private school? he could have gone to being a 4timer to never winning the state title. Freestyle and folkstyle do not always mean you are the best. In the old days Fargo meant much more but with all the national level folkstyle tournaments now not all your best wrestlers wrestle freestyle. Who are some of Debiens biggest wins in Tennessee? Im not saying hes not great... I just honestly don't know. How does he do with Ezra Taylor in the practice room?  

First off, of course we would, becuase hes still a fargo AA. But if Biggest wins in the state matter, and youre basing this off folkstyle success Debian has double the amount of state titles than Kennedy. Im not taking anything away from Sean, but those are the facts.

Pound for pound means all weights and should include all styles. Fargo is still the toughest tournament in the country bar none, no contest, and even medaling in it almost insures you a scholarship. Can the same be said for other national tournaments? Super32? I dont know what goes on behind closed door so I wont even speculate but has Sean gotten offers for next year? Do you think they'd be the same offers had he medaled in Fargo as opposed to Super32?

Edited by WrestlingGod

Nothing against Evans but do you really think he wins if he's a middleweight against Soloman, Sutherland, Kennedy? He wins because his wrestling skills are far greater than other heavyweights. His skills nor his strength/ weight ratio would be even close to these guys. Doesn't he and Soloman practice together? I bet Soloman gives him all he can handle even at 45 lbs lighter

Here's why many will end up on top when it counts...

Takedown Sportswear Invitational January 2, 2015

Final Results

160 Jr Flo's #16 - Thomas Bullard (Archer) def. Blake Sutherland (Baylor) 4-2

170 Jr Flo's #13 - Daniel Bullard (Archer) def. Cayman Seagraves (Baylor) 4-2

A tried and tested Mr Seagraves could be a candidate for Baylor's best wrestler, right up there with Mr Sutherland & Murphy, and even Parker? This would be an incredible match between Kennedy & Seagraves!

How is Bullard only 16 at 160? Didn't he win super32, powerade and Kc Stampede?