Region 2-AA Tournament thoughts?

AlcoaBasketball

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My son n law took me over to fulton for the games.

Fultons #30 is very good but they have others that chip in. Catholics #1 is just as good in a different way. This was a very good game. Q both teams missed a bunch of FT's.

Carter and CAK was a different story. CAK was out classed. Carter is for real. Jackson and Bowden were by far the best players in the gym tonight. Number 11 and 32 pitched in. Depth is a concern for them. CAK didn't have any players that showed very well. It appears that the carter players were allowed to travel a lot when they went to the goal.

Tomorrows game between carter and fulton may be interesting for a while. But I look for Carter to pull away and when by 10+.

Shocker that redandblank is pulling for Carter!  Have enjoyed Fulton proving you wrong all year.  It will be difficult to beat a team w/ the "2 best players in Knoxville" a third time.  Either way like Fulton's chances in the substate.

Shocker that redandblank is pulling for Carter! Have enjoyed Fulton proving you wrong all year. It will be difficult to beat a team w/ the "2 best players in Knoxville" a third time. Either way like Fulton's chances in the substate.

I think Carter and Fulton make state and with the way the brackets are set up they could play in the semifinals of the state

Carter looked really strong last night. Catholic losing Jancek was huge. Gave Fulton the edge they needed physically. Williams and Smith was a great battle of two of the top pg's in the area.

I disagree about the physical play, too much Kentel and too many missed free throws. Losing Jancek hurt the depth in the post for Catholic and scoring, he was averaging 13 ppg

So its been a lot of years since I have been on here.But I thought the best thing I saw last nite was CAK coach relaying a really loud and strong message to his players that you cant play with those guys so we will just stand here while we are behind by 8 and Bowden is in foul trouble so we don't get blown out.Message received coach your team never competed after that.Good call coach B let em stand there when you've got the lead.Go Hornets lets get a home game!!!!!! 

Not sure that was the message being sent by cak. Maybe not the the right decision probably should've let them hold it the whole qtr. Top 3 players for cak had foul trouble and it shorten the game and was 19-12. Probably shouldn't have cause it didn't work out.

Cak played CPA, Hamilton Heights, oak ridge, Webb twice , catholic 3 times and beat an Alcoa team 3 times that took carter to ot. Also beat Webb twice who beat carter by 30.

It was a game not played or coached well by cak but to act like carter is that much better or dominate not sure I agree with. Would be easy to say Fulton is 50 points better than carter. It is what it is and last night carter was clearly dominate. When they are clicking they are very good.