Region 2A

bluedevil6913

I think Meigs and Hampton are similar also...But we have to figure out a way to get pumped to play SG for the 4th time...We played NG in the last few minutes of the game last night as if there was no fire in our gut...SG wants to win this BAD and we need to play our game and get it over quickly.

We stayed in a 1-3-1 while NG played badminton with the ball...Ole Ned plays some good head games at this point of the season!!!

Tough loss for Coalfield. Grace dominated the 4th and finally started making some shots. Coalfield got really good minutes out of 3 freshman ( including Parker) and an 8th grader tonight. The future looks good for coalfield just have to figure out how to win in the region semis.

Tough loss for Coalfield. Grace dominated the 4th and finally started making some shots. Coalfield got really good minutes out of 3 freshman ( including Parker) and an 8th grader tonight. The future looks good for coalfield just have to figure out how to win in the region semis.

yea, coalfield has three 8th graders at least that will help them with that in a year or two...in addition to the 9th graders. Losing two seniors though this year.

yea, coalfield has three 8th graders at least that will help them with that in a year or two...in addition to the 9th graders. Losing two seniors though this year.

they got really good minutes out of Johnny yesterday. If they have some players progress then I expect them to eventually get over the hump and play for a region title.

Hampton also struggled with a not so good north Greene team tonight. You really never know tiger2 Hampton seems to be really really good one night and an average team the next. If they come ready to play and I think they will then they should take care of south greene

I'd pay no attention to that game, no confident team will play Hampton the way NG did. Stall mode the whole game and limited possessions. When they fell behind and had to try to actually play, Hampton dominated. SG may try the same thing,but  Hampton should be a little better prepared for it after having to play that way last night. 

We just made it a lot harder for ourselves. O well at least we avoid Mitchell first round now.... Lol

We hope that you all will get to experience the "DAWG POUND"  Just ask anyone from Grace what a sub-state game at Hampton is like. BUT.... we have to defeat SG first. They are a scrappy bunch. We had to go to Grace for a sub-state game in 2008 and we were not successful so I hope we do not have to go there again. I'm afraid that whomever makes it to state out of our regions will have a tough route regardless because Mitchell and UC will be in opposite brackets. Our representatives will have to shoot lights out and that may not be good enough. Good luck to whichever two teams make it to the boro. 

Meigs is as close to Hampton's atmosphere / gym that I've seen. Both are great environments. If you'll excuse me, I need to go find a doctor to prescribe me some heart medication. GEEZ. Tale of 2 1/2's. Grace played well enough to win, and that's all that matters this time of year. Strong defensive mind set by the Rams had the Tigers baffled.

SG beat us twice by a total of, what, 11? We beat em last game by 30+

But NONE of that matters now...we just have to win by 1 to get sub-state.

At this point, all games are "who knows games".

Glad GCA won the Region, 'cause I wasn't riding my happy behind back to that crazy place at the base of the mountain...not even to see your ugly mug...