Region 4A

swipper

You have to be one miserable person. The only person to blame for Jackson County losing is Jackson County. You had the game won. And as far as recruiting goes.....yal's girls coach better be looking for some players, Laken Leonard isn't walking the halls over there right now.

If I'm not mistaken Jackson Co. Has a starter who is a Cookeville transfer. Pot meet kettle.

uCSportsfan has been hating on privates for years. It's ok for them to get girls to switch schools I guess. The Goodpasture coach is a great coach. I have watched them play several times over the past two years and he has a great mind for the game. It's crazy how grown men will get on here and whine like this.

If he's such a great coach why didn't he get voted "coach of the year" in 8A?  I'm sure he is a very good coach and he had his team prepared well, we had our chance to win not blaming anyone.  Great game by two good teams but i'm just wondering why the other coaches in 8A didn't vote the him coach of the year.  Usually that's what happens unless ofcourse you coach an AAU team compiled of kids from everywhere.  Its easy to coach talent just my opinion.

If I'm not mistaken Jackson Co. Has a starter who is a Cookeville transfer. Pot meet kettle.

He never played for Cookeville varsity and rarely in JV you can't be serious comparing him to #40 which was Cookevilles best player.  When is the last time a player from Madison Tn played for Goodpasture in any sport?  GP will eventually end up just like Freindship.  Tell me why did GP end their long standing home and home with CPA?????

You have to be one miserable person.   The only person to blame for Jackson County losing is Jackson County.   You had the game won.   And as far as recruiting goes.....yal's girls coach better be looking for some players, Laken Leonard isn't walking the halls over there right now.  

and your coach will have to recruit alot better if they are ever going to compete with JC girls.  Our JV team could wax the floor with your Varsity and i'm a very happy guy.  I'm all about playing fair and by the rules, thats why i have a great disdane for Private schools they don't.

He never played for Cookeville varsity and rarely in JV you can't be serious comparing him to #40 which was Cookevilles best player. When is the last time a player from Madison Tn played for Goodpasture in any sport? GP will eventually end up just like Freindship. Tell me why did GP end their long standing home and home with CPA?????

"When is the last time a player from Madison Tn played for Goodpasture in any sport?"

Not that it is relevant but the GP varsity roster is reporting 2 players from Madison, TN.

and your coach will have to recruit alot better if they are ever going to compete with JC girls.  Our JV team could wax the floor with your Varsity and i'm a very happy guy.  I'm all about playing fair and by the rules, thats why i have a great disdane for Private schools they don't.

Ok, you are obviously just biased, not informed. GCS offers no FA to students. As far as the CPA series goes, this was a Region opponent and fellow AA school. Maybe CPA ended the game, who knows or cares? Does that make Coach Sonn a bad coach if he doesn't want to play CPA? If so, there are a LOT of bad coaches out there.  I guess Pat Summit became a bad coach when she ended the series with UCONN? And since when does getting voted COY validate you as a coach? I'm guessing they did not vote him COY because someone else had a big year and over achieved or they are not too keen on doing anything for the guy slapping them around twice a year. And as far as recruiting goes, PLEASE give me your idea and vision of how this is accomplished. You think Coach Sonn has some runners with bags of cash waiting outside of county school locker rooms? Maybe he is offering free dessert or Chick Fil A if you transfer and sit a year??? My theory is good basketball players seek out great opportunities and want to be a part of something. This results in kids transferring in. 2 district losses in 3 seasons is pretty impressive. Kudos to Coach Sonn and the Cougars. I will be pulling for them. BTW, I have 0 affiliation with GCS.

Had to jump into this topic. It's people like UCSportsFan that make this so enjoyable. I'm sure Jackson Co and all of those girls championships (this is a boys forum by the way & is Jackson Co girls still playing?) never had a girl switch over from another school. You complain about a Cookeville transfer yet you play one? You think GP recruits send someone over and check it out. What would you do "if" you made it to state and had to play a PUBLIC school from Memphis where they have open enrollment? You want to cry and complain about recruiting come play he big boys who actually do bring kids in from all over (Ensworth, Brentwood Academy, CPA). Then you might have an argument. Not all privates are on the same level and if you don't think that publics get kids to switch schools and work the system then you are a bigger idiot then what everyone already thinks.

Clay Co beats Goodpasture in OT 58-55 in a hard fought game. CC came out and punched GP in the mouth taking I believe a 12-2 lead early. CC went into half time with a 2 point lead but GP tied it up to enter the 4th qt. GP had a 6 point lead down the stretch but could not hold on and CC clawed their way back to tie it up & force OT.

Congratulations to Clay County in securing the Region 4A Championship.

Edited by bluecollar

My son and me made trip to Watertown to watch tonight's game. Great game to watch. I don't think any remaining teams out of 3a will fair good against either of those teams. Van Buren may have best shot if they get home game but Clay and Good Pasture should be able to force there game on any of them. Chattanooga Arts has a big boy but Clay could double him. Good Pasture kid is too athletic for him to guard. Boyd is playing good but I think Clay or Good beat them by 10 or more. Silverdale would have serious problems with both even at home. I'm picking both Clay and Good to be in state tournament. Saw Clay would be in side of bracket with Mitchell which is a tough draw for them. The guard from Clay is nice son. Clay did good job doubling the Good Pasture kid but he still had his way in the paint. Shocked me why they went away from him and that shooter late. With all the negative stuff on here that happened this season in that region I was happy to see both sides clapping for the others boys when awards was given out and when the others teams was given team trophy. Great parents on both sides after game good luck 4a see you next year