Gibson County vs Riverside

westtnsportsfan

In my mind this was going to be a bonus if GC made it to the state. GC has a good team and will be back. Our region was not as tough of competition as some GC fans want to believe. They played in a big pressure game tonight and it showed but next year look out GC is the team to beat in west Tennessee and maybe state wide. You had a great season, congratulations to the GC girls and your coach.

Now I hope this is Middleton's year to bring the Gold Ball back home.

Edited by Greenfieldfan

In my mind this was going to be a bonus if GC made it to the state. GC has a good team and will be back. Our region was not as tough off competition as some GC fans want to believe. They played in a big pressure game tonight and it showed but next year look out GC is the team to beat in west Tennessee and maybe state wide. You had a great season, congratulations to your girls and your coach.

I think you are right!  As tough of a loss as this was, the girls will all be back and will learn greatly from this setback.  GC has to be early favorites for a deep run next year.  Congrats on a great season.

Nothing but respect to Riverside. Came into a hostile environment and executed all night! Congrats to you guys and good luck in Murfreesboro!

You just had to bring up something from the past. Five years is the statue of limitations.

Jackson co won three straight couple years ago but it didn't help them this year

GC,

I remember early in December I asked you what your thoughts on a Riverside v GC matchup  were and you thought they would handle them easily.  During the tournaments, you backtracked a little and said you saw some things that you thought might give GC problems.  What changed your mind and what were your thoughts on the game? 

GC,

I remember early in December I asked you what your thoughts on a Riverside v GC matchup were and you thought they would handle them easily. During the tournaments, you backtracked a little and said you saw some things that you thought might give GC problems. What changed your mind and what were your thoughts on the game?

Riverside fans, I'm NOT making excuses in this post. I've given you guys credit, great team!!!! Riverside is pretty physical. Gibson struggles against teams who match their physicality. I would say Riversides physicality was enough to cause our players to miss shots they don't normally miss. The biggest thing I saw in the scorebook after the game is that our players were way off from their scoring averages from the season. Bree Linton from Riverside is a stud! Not only that, but they're extremely well-coached and the players on the team know their roles and are bought into what their coach is teaching them. It must also be noted that Riverside was 13-14 shooting from the FT line tonight! Impressive!!!! Another impressive stat is only 4 turnovers!!!!! That kind of basketball wins championships. I hate to see Gibson not make it, but major respect to what the Riverside team has going on.

Nobody on here cares about 2009-2010 but if having it underneath your replies helps you cope then by all means. Congratulations tho that was the first reply that you did not say refs or headbands. I applaude you for that. We know it was tough

lol you're on drugs... I haven't said one thing about a ref or headband...