Oakland Lady Patriots vs White County Lady Spartans Sectional

Oaklandpats10

But Blaze , your coach is dead against transfers . Ask him .

I don't personally know our Coach.. but I can tell you as a parent of a student athelete, if his passion was to play at that next level I would do what I could to help him into a position to do so. That is not cheating that is smart.

I hate to say it ,but there is always going to be someone better than you. They practiced harder, they are naturally more gifted or they have a little more drive. You hate to see it happen, but in sports just as in life, you put yourself, your kids in the best situation to succeed. So if they ride the bench,but they become a better player because they rose to the leve of others around them, or they had to if they wanted to play is it really a bad thing? If that stud  that took their spot, but now their scouts who coming to see them also have exposure to a player they might not of otherwise ever seen. If you want to be the best you surround yourself with those that motivate you to do so.

So basically what your saying is, if your not on one of these Boro teams your more than likely not going to be noticed thru out the state by the colleges. Your not giving much respect for the rest of the state  Tuff love at your house.

So basically what your saying is, if your not on one of these Boro teams your more than likely not going to be noticed thru out the state by the colleges. Your not giving much respect for the rest of the state  Tuff love at your house.

No no no... no disrespect at all.What I am trying to say is that if I was in east Tenn I would move to a district there that might be at a bigger school with more visibility just as I would if I was near Memphis. If I want to get my player the exposure I would consider where can I take them that has a great program , great school, and presents the best opportunity. As someone mentioned that Shelbyville was that school a few years ago... if that is where the best ball is being played I would have to look there. Sorry if I came off as saying that its the boro or no where. From what I see of basketball currently, the schools here all seem to have a pretty strong thing going.

The shoe used to be on the other foot for Coach Chad and he complained as loud as everyone ever has . He thought it was cheating then . Ask him .

Like I say.. don'y really know him... but a couple things.. I think you do what you can as a parent to put your kids in the best position to be successful. He and I might disagree then... but truth is there are probably girls moving to the Boro to play ball and I am sure some end up at Blackman

Most of the recruiting will be done through AAU. you don't have to be in Murfreesboro-either at one of the schools or at the state tournament-to get noticed. The team here was 10-17, part due to injuries, part due to just not finishing games. But they had a 20 ppg scorer who was known by midmajors (OVC, Horizon League) and may have ended up signing with one of them in not for the distance.

Sometimes there can be legitimate moves other than the obvious such as work or family issues. If a player has too much conflict with teammates or coaches especially if it might affect academics then it might be time for a move. If that player is a college prospect she can just not play high school and focus on aau, no move is necessarily required. There was one here a few years ago did not play her senior year for whatever reason and still signed and played at a Southern Conference school.

Moving isn't breaking a rule but I question many moves that seem to come about through AAU. If a player or parents are persuaded to go to any particular place by anyone that has direct or indirect ties to that school, yes something should be done.

Most of the recruiting will be done through AAU. you don't have to be in Murfreesboro-either at one of the schools or at the state tournament-to get noticed. The team here was 10-17, part due to injuries, part due to just not finishing games. But they had a 20 ppg scorer who was known by midmajors (OVC, Horizon League) and may have ended up signing with one of them in not for the distance.

Sometimes there can be legitimate moves other than the obvious such as work or family issues. If a player has too much conflict with teammates or coaches especially if it might affect academics then it might be time for a move. If that player is a college prospect she can just not play high school and focus on aau, no move is necessarily required. There was one here a few years ago did not play her senior year for whatever reason and still signed and played at a Southern Conference school.

Moving isn't breaking a rule but I question many moves that seem to come about through AAU. If a player or parents are persuaded to go to any particular place by anyone that has direct or indirect ties to that school, yes something should be done.

I agree whole heartedly. Actively recruiting players away from high school with promises or false hopes is not the way to build a program. However, if a player or a parent has made the open decision to move their student to a different school for what appears to be a better opportunity you can't fault the parent or punish the student.Parents are naturally going to take their children where they have the best oppourtunities.  Yes that means the strong have a tendency to get stronger, but we really can't  start the redistribution of talent in schools can we?

Blaze , your coach said it was cheating . Why is it not cheating now ? Lost my respect for Chad as a man or coach . Winning is all that  counts .

Summit, I wish I could answer for him... If you are recruiting players from schools, its not cheating, but it is clearly not very ethical either, A coach has a job to coach his players up make them better.   If a player decides on their own accord, or a parent decides for their child to play elsewhere,you would hope it is the best interest of the student.Ask yourself this question, If you had a daughter playing basketball and UCONN was recruiting them and Austin Peay was interested in her as a player, would you demand she play at Austin Peay because she is from Tennessee? Clearly college and  high school are different levels, however our goals for our kids are really never any different. We always want we think is best for them. Just my two cents worth.

Blackman and Oakland in state finals . These two teams have made a mockery of the tourney .Nobody  has much of a chance against these two . If you think this is fair to the other girls teams in the state , winning is all you care about . Is it fair to the other girls at Blackman and Oakland that were supposed to be playing . How do you think their parents feel  ?  Just my two cents  worth .

Edited by summit

Why you lose respect for blackman coach becaues he win games. He hasn't done anything wrong. You talk about transfers blackman has one transfer and she sit out her first year not like some school. All the others players came from blackman middle and one from  christiana middle Why you try to put him in the boat with everyone else .

Summit do you no anything about blackman or you just assume this because they  win a lot of games blackman has a strong middle school program that plays for the championship almost every year this year they lost to christiana middle. what are you talking about.