Oakland Lady Patriots vs White County Lady Spartans Sectional

Oaklandpats10

White County is the same five to eight girls that played Sparta Youth Basketball together when they were 7/8 years old. NO TRANSFERS here! I know this for 100% fact because I have coached everyone of them in one form or another. Cracks me up about the 5 transfers and not believing that White county has zero. It's just not typically the way we do things around here. When these team win its because they grew up in a small town and the coaches do the best they can with what they have. Kills me that these towns three times the size of most towns in the Uppercumberland can't win without having transfers from two, three towns in order to be successful. Would love to see Blackman, Riverdale, Oakland , ect.... In a couple years if they had to play with the players that were born in their own town! although I think they could put some great teams on the court unfortunately I don't think we will never know. Bradley Central made it to Refional finals with one player-a transfer (surprise,surprise) C'mon man. How nice would it be if everyone played on the team they grew up playing for instead of transferring just to play Bball. How nice would that be to see some equality across the state and players playing for the name on the front of the jersey instead of the one on the back. It's all good but to set the record straight White County has ZERO transfers. The way it should be!!! Cheers

Amen brother !!!!!!

Not every student athlete cares solely about playing time. I can assure you that every player for Oakland embraces the concept of team first, because that is the way it has always been under Grand staff. Playing time is earned, not given just because a player is home grown. If that's the case, let's just give everyone participation medals and not have a postseason

Oakland made it to the sectionals with none of those girls, all "home grown" talent. Only 2 of these girls even make a contribution. These transfers stem from the resignation of a coach from LCA, everything was done above board. White County in Oakland's position so get off your moral high horse and quit making excuses before the game is even played. I can see Oakland's time away from playing Sparta hasnt made them any less bitter towards boro schools

Nope! Not above board!

Good game by two really good teams.  Oakland played really well, shot the ball well and #42 made a big impact in the middle.  White County played hard and left it on the floor, it was a fun game to watch for sure, just hate it that the Warriorettes had to lose. Good luck to Oakland the rest of the way

Sat with a guy from Murfressboro that said 42 played aau with Oakland girls and moved to play with Oakland . Be hard for any schools to get past rutherford county in the sub state . If Oakland shoots as good in the state as they did to night , won't have any trouble . I like their coach and the girls parents , but i just hate the recuits and transfers in rutherford county . TSSAA  is there and just let them get away with it . Rutherford county will go to state every year . Sorta sick .

Nashville paper said White co. got blowed out . I was there and it wasn't a blowout . Oakland finished with starters on the floor , it was't a blowout . Best team won last night . If they shoot like that all the time  , state champions .

Nashville paper = never reliable.