UNION CITY VS. HAMPTON: CLASS A STATE QUARTERFINALS

JDOGG80

Hats off to the Dogs. I have be keeping up with the posts and all those that thought Hampton would be blown out. Moral Victory! May not mean much now but when the smoke clears I hope that you young men will look back with pride on the accomplishment you have achieved!! Playing in The Glass House is merely a dream for many.

Hampton played a fine game.  Union City didn't shoot well.  Was it the D and/or combo of gym ?  Either way, it was what it was.  Hampton heads home, Union City heads to the next level of the bracket.  Union City will be more relaxed come Friday.  Union City was up 10 and then 12 and should have put game away but like I said, it is all water under the bridge now.  Next is Loretto.  Union City with two kids at 17 points each.  Parker Stewart gets better every game.  Imagine this kid as a Senior !  Union City will settle down and play their game come Friday or lets hope so.  These are kids, it affects them all basically the same way.  They are nervous and once the jitters get out of the way, the relaxing part sets in, the game will come to them.  Loretto knows what it has to do.  Union City needs to crash boards a little more, a few more trees to fall and the game should be in favor of Purple and Gold.  It doesn't matter if you win by 1 or 31, making the next line on the bracket sheet is all that is important.  Once again, good game Hampton.

Hampton played a fine game.  Union City didn't shoot well.  Was it the D and/or combo of gym ?  Either way, it was what it was.  Hampton heads home, Union City heads to the next level of the bracket.  Union City will be more relaxed come Friday.  Union City was up 10 and then 12 and should have put game away but like I said, it is all water under the bridge now.  Next is Loretto.  Union City with two kids at 17 points each.  Parker Stewart gets better every game.  Imagine this kid as a Senior !  Union City will settle down and play their game come Friday or lets hope so.  These are kids, it affects them all basically the same way.  They are nervous and once the jitters get out of the way, the relaxing part sets in, the game will come to them.  Loretto knows what it has to do.  Union City needs to crash boards a little more, a few more trees to fall and the game should be in favor of Purple and Gold.  It doesn't matter if you win by 1 or 31, making the next line on the bracket sheet is all that is important.  Once again, good game Hampton.

I agree...nerves got both teams...As I said, Jones & Valentine combined for 21 points today...They've had 200+ points in the last 4 games....But they were hustling as they combined for 16 boards today...So a combo of the boro and good D messed with both teams...Happy that Camillo shot well in the 2nd half and Stone went out busting his butt!

UC won and that's the real end of the story...Hope all players stay healthy!

Good comeback by the Dawgs. They never quit, which was said on here over a week ago. Just fell a little short. Valiant effort and something to be proud of, even though it hurts like crazy.

As far as that football thing.......you guys take a couple of months off, I'm sure the boys need the rest..... :)