Loretto vs Van Buren state tournament

Dukepoint57

RedTang, Van Buren's team doesn't have the size or age of Loretto. Only 1 senior on the team and no major height to speak of. Van Buren boys have been the underdog all year and it hasn't seemed to bother them. Hopefully it will be a good game. Maybe VB will catch Loretto looking ahead to the semi-final game and pull the upset?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RedTang, Van Buren's team doesn't have the size or age of Loretto. Only 1 senior on the team and no major height to speak of. Van Buren boys have been the underdog all year and it hasn't seemed to bother them. Hopefully it will be a good game. Maybe VB will catch Loretto looking ahead to the semi-final game and pull the upset?

Van Buren may not have size but apparently they do something to be where they are.  They may beat Loretto but not because Loretto is looking ahead.  They will be focused on this game for sure.

I haven't seen Van Buren play.  I have seen Loretto a few times too many!!  They have a good offensive game both inside and outside.  Can beat you either way.  When you are on offense, you need to make some shots because you won't get many second chance points.

The key is No 10.  He won't kill you with points but he is the glue that makes everything stick.  He is the closest thing they have to must have on the court.  They are 2 deep everywhere else.  They are playing their best ball now and will be a tough out.

I want VBC to win, but I'm thinking their magic may come to an end versus Loretto. I just think they will have a lot of trouble matching their size and depth. The only way I see VBC winning is if they get Loretto's key players in foul trouble early, and if their 3 balls are falling. Maybe they can shoot 3's in the high 40's percentage wise for the entire game.

Loretto can play both ways too. Had 14 games where they scored at least 65 and won some low scoring games too. Good depth. Good mix of young and older players. Should be a good game. Loretto is thrilled to be there and will be ready to go. They've won 11 of their last 12.

Edited by 1MustangFan

If Van Buren Counties magical run does come to an end, there is nothing to be ashamed of. By all accounts they have over exceeded expectations in the post season, and if they do lose they need to keep their heads high. Every team in the state that didn't make it this far would kill just to be in the position to even possibly lose a state tournament game. Go VBC!

You guys are counting out Van Buren far too quickly.. No one expected them to win District 6A.. No one expected them to beat the Might CSAS out of Chattanooga, but they did..No one expected them to beat Private School Goodpasture but they did.. Don't count out the underdogs.. If Mills, Roberts and Walling are hitting their shots, they'll be hard to beat.