Hamilton vs Brentwood

big_mike0307

Out of curiosity could someone list all of the White County boys state tournament appearances, championships, etc. (what years) On another front I felt really old watching Todd Day coaching Hamilton. I saw him play in the state tournament for Mem Northside back in the day. I miss seeing guys like Joe Branch, Verties Sails, and Terry Tippett roaming the sidelines for the Memphis teams back in the day. I thought the 73 Melrose team with Gunn, Bradley, and Wright was the best I ever saw.[/

Todd Day played for Hamilton

Though I agree with most of what you said, I think most of Brentwood's administration would take issue with your last comment. BHS principal Kevin Keidel is himself a former basketball head coach and King has arguably the best staff in the state. When King inevitably retires, LaVergne head coach/AD Jeremy Moore and Mt. Juliet coach Troy Allen (quite similar to King in their approach if not as experienced or perhaps yet skilled) will likely receive calls about the job, though it's questionable whether either would want to make a lateral move to Brentwood or directly follow in King's shadow.

Without naming names, there are a few assistants and ex-assistants I could name as potential successors to King, but those decisions are heavily dependent on internal politics, including whether or not someone is eligible to teach in Williamson County. However, in terms of running a proven system, the blueprint (masterminded by King, of course) is in place. Just as Xavier went from Pete Gillen to Skip Prosser to Thad Matta to Sean Miller, there are plenty of coaches and former players around Brentwood's program familiar with that blueprint.

Pete Gillen, wish he had stayed at Xavier

Out of curiosity could someone list all of the White County boys state tournament appearances, championships, etc. (what years) On another front I felt really old watching Todd Day coaching Hamilton. I saw him play in the state tournament for Mem Northside back in the day. I miss seeing guys like Joe Branch, Verties Sails, and Terry Tippett roaming the sidelines for the Memphis teams back in the day. I thought the 73 Melrose team with Gunn, Bradley, and Wright was the best I ever saw.[/

You are correct, as you get old the mind goes. I did see him play in the state tournament. Also saw Reggie White and Charles Morgan for Howard. JohnGunn44, name the best team you have ever seen in Memphis?

John Gunn, James Bradley, Alvin Wright Melrose team from 1974 or the 69 Melrose team of Larry Finch and Ronnie Robinson. The best memphis chigh school player I ever saw was Johnny Neuman at Overton that same year. Look him up. He led the nation in scoring his soph year at Ole Miss. Closest thing to Pete Maravich.

Probably thinking of Richard "The Master Blaster" Madison that went to Northside and later Kentucky.

Your jealousy of our tradition and how we outnumbered your fans AT LEAST 4 to 1 in our game the other day is shining through. We will get back to the state. Im not so sure about your team. My condolences. 😆😯😃

You are totally delusional! If anything, our fans outnumbered yours by at least 2-to-1. Our student section was WAY bigger than yours.

Or, in the more eloquent words of my forefathers:

#SCOREBOARD!!!

You are totally delusional! If anything, our fans outnumbered yours by at least 2-to-1. Our student section was WAY bigger than yours.

You obviously were not at the same game I was then. Our fans outnumbered Brentwoods by a LARGE amount.

Or, in the more eloquent words of my forefathers:

#SCOREBOARD!!!

You obviously weren't at the same game as I was. We outnumbered Brentwood and it wasn't even close.