Turf at Cleveland

fooseball96

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what happens in a pissing contest when the TSSAA gets involved.  How about next time the coaches or administrators work out what are fairly benign misunderstandings in the rules application.  This is really senseless as both schools and coaches and certainly students are really better than all this. And the TSSAA handing out justice is about as appropriate having a house mother judge character in a brothel or having to pay for another Maywhether/Paquio fight.    Until these clowns give back some of the $3MM they are sitting on and have stolen from member schools, TSSAA I don't give a da*n what you think.

If the way I understand this situation is correct, sounds like A LOT of coaches across the state should be in trouble.

Yeah, the way the rules are being interpreted here no coach can talk to any student about sports in middle school. Has to be handled through a guidance counselor only and coach can't speak on their own to the student or parents.

Edited by alt1958

Yeah, this stinks.  The middle schooler in question here goes to Cleveland Middle and requested this meeting take place.  He was talking to one of his own students.  Apparently, the problem here is that the meeting took place in private.  In other words, there was not a counselor or administrator at the meeting.  If there had been one present bringing up football would not have been a problem.  This looks like a set up to me. 

Edited by oridgecat

Yeah, this stinks.  The middle schooler in question here goes to Cleveland Middle and requested this meeting take place.  He was talking to one of his own students.  Apparently, the problem here is that the meeting took place in private.  In other words, there was not a counselor or administrator at the meeting.  If there had been one present bringing up football would not have been a problem.  This looks like a set up to me. 

Well the Coach was perfectly fine until a question was asked about the football program. That cannot be talked about in that situation. That is where he stepped in it.

Coach Floyd, from what I understand, told a student he had to go through a process to get his questions answered and then answered another question about the issue and got himself in trouble.

My issue is not that specific rules may have been broken. My issue is, that from what I know of the situations, the student / athletes / guardian were asking questions and proper form was not followed. I think the severity of the punishments in both situations is a bit over the top.

But what do I know? <shrug>

My question is, this county open zoned? Would have to be because lots of HS coaches also run the jr feeder programs. I know at say Macon Co and Smith Co,the head coach at the HS's might not be the head coach at the jr highs but they run the program and hand pick the coaches. Macon has RBS in the same county, Smith has Gordonsville. Now if this county is open zoned, I could see why the rules are in place. Jr High kids could go to either hs, so state doest want the high school coach influencing those kids on school choice.

My question is, this county open zoned? Would have to be because lots of HS coaches also run the jr feeder programs. I know at say Macon Co and Smith Co,the head coach at the HS's might not be the head coach at the jr highs but they run the program and hand pick the coaches. Macon has RBS in the same county, Smith has Gordonsville. Now if this county is open zoned, I could see why the rules are in place. Jr High kids could go to either hs, so state doest want the high school coach influencing those kids on school choice.

No it isn't open.  Cleveland Middle School kids are zoned for Cleveland HS.