Turf at Cleveland

fooseball96

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are NO FEEDER SCHOOLS. None, Nada, zilch, nil.  Yeah right.  T$$AA.  It's embarrassing for the state of TN. Pathetic

What is embarrassing is that these 2 schools turned each other in. Contact with middle school students is as old as the opening day of any high school in the state/ nation. It begins immediately. Almost every coach at every school has contact with the so called "feeder" schools in a system and if it is as you say on here, an "open enrollment" county, I assume most everyone is talking to everyone. Yes, the rule and subsequent punishment is a joke because we all know it happens everywhere. Call me old school, but shouldn't these administrations/ athletic dept's worked this out together before attempting to get someone in trouble? If I understand this thread it appears that one new coach tried to get the rival school in trouble and violated the same rule himself a few weeks later? So the other school gets pay back? Sorry, but to me a phone call between 2 Principals and AD's is better than this game of tattle tale. I have not heard of any other schools telling on each other....... and there are some pretty good rivalries in Chattanooga. How many middle school students do Baylor, McCallie, GPS, etc. have contact with??? Keep in mind, they do NOT have ANY "feeder" schools and compete with as much emotion as any other schools in the area. Yet, they all seem to co-exist and have not been accused or punished (TSSAA) by the public schools they pull athletes from every year. So how would an athlete enter these privates without any contact? Yet a public school coach turns in another public school coach??? Again, pretty ridiculous to try to make your rival look bad. Just compete on the field or the court!

Both administrations have bad blood with each other. It goes far deeper than a lot of u know. From city schools getting all the money to students valdilizing each others schools. Its a lot of tention with these 2 schools right now. So telling on each other is the icing on the cake when the opportunity presents itself

^^^^ Well that's stupid because every high school (except the privates) has feeder schools. If a student goes to Carpenters Middle or Union Grove Middle they are zoned for William Blount High School. I think its dumb that a WB coach could get in trouble for talking to kids at those schools. I mean those kids are going to be at WB anyways

There are coaches that coach middle school softball in the fall and high school softball in the spring.  

Both administrations have bad blood with each other. It goes far deeper than a lot of u know. From city schools getting all the money to students valdilizing each others schools. Its a lot of tention with these 2 schools right now. So telling on each other is the icing on the cake when the opportunity presents itself

Oh I know there is a lot of "bad blood" and it is really stupid, to let it go this far.

But then most of that comes from those who should know better and need their butts kicked.

Edited by alt1958