Warren Co. 2015

Shelbyville won 24-14, should have been 24-21, WC returned a kickoff but as soon as he crossed the 50 refs blew it dead but no one was going to catch him. Pioneers looked a little sluggish in my opinion, the defense more than the offense. I do like the play calling more than in previous years just need a little better execution. The QB is going to be a good one though, would like to see him take off and use his legs a little more. The running back #21 is a load, and #15 and #24 ran hard. O line is still a work in progress. D line and LB are decent but DB's need help.

rick, thanks for a great report.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shelbyville won 24-14, should have been 24-21, WC returned a kickoff but as soon as he crossed the 50 refs blew it dead but no one was going to catch him. Pioneers looked a little sluggish in my opinion, the defense more than the offense. I do like the play calling more than in previous years just need a little better execution. The QB is going to be a good one though, would like to see him take off and use his legs a little more. The running back #21 is a load, and #15 and #24 ran hard. O line is still a work in progress. D line and LB are decent but DB's need help.

Last season they had a few pretty good looking backs. I'm not sure if # 21 was their starter last year, but last years starter in their game vs. DC was a load. He was African American, looked to be around 6'2 and probably pushing 220-225 lbs. He looked like a large linebacker actually. He had good speed as well. I'd guess he was in the 4.5-4.6 40 range.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

Didn't Bledsoe play Coffee to a 1-0 game recently?

Yes but it was a double scrimmage they beat both teams 1-0 and 2-0 defense was solid in only giving up 70 total yards on 28 plays which Bledsoe only gained 43. Coffee co racked up 179 yards in 17 plays, they played 10 offensive series and then 1 and 10 to try to score, that's how the scrimmage worked Edited by ccraider99

white co. plays warren co. tonight in jamboree ends in a 7-7 tie. both teams looked so so.

It sucks DeKalb and White County aren't playing this year. That is a game that usually draws a good gate. These two schools are so close to each other that I think the game should be played yearly. Stone Memorial doesn't bring good gates, and I doubt Cumberland County will either. 

Edited by DCTIGERFAN