2015-2016 District 3 & 4 class A

Cookevegas3

CAH09, I wasn't trying to take a jab at you personally. I hope it didn't seem that way, and if it did I apologize. Take a look through this page, Facebook, Twitter, wherever when a team loses. You will see mention of terrible officiating or a terrible call costing a team the game almost every time. Just tired of seeing people pass the blame on the officials every game.

CAH09, I wasn't trying to take a jab at you personally. I hope it didn't seem that way, and if it did I apologize. Take a look through this page, Facebook, Twitter, wherever when a team loses. You will see mention of terrible officiating or a terrible call costing a team the game almost every time. Just tired of seeing people pass the blame on the officials every game.

no, I know..... No need to apologize, sometimes I need a jab or two. If it was just a block/charge disagreement....that's just part of a night in the gym. Gripe for a few mins and move on. This was a little tougher to swallow for the jellico fans, I sure.

Congrats to your son for making this list . I would have assumed the Zy Moore would have been somewhere in there, shows what I know🤔!

That class is guard heavy also I dont think ZY plays with a high profile summer ball team. Connors TN Fury team place 5 guys on there. Summer exposure makes a difference on these type list and The Fury travels and plays some big time circuit and certified tournaments.

This 2017 class is so guard heavy. I dont think there are more than 5 or 6 guys 6-8 or taller on there. That helps Connor and probably also hurt ZY.

Hamilton Heights sure dominated the list lol

List is a joke after 20. Lonnie Jones #45 didnt play basketball this year and wasn't even all district last year. Spencer Lowe has started about half the year for Maryville this season and might end up at Maryville College. Summer exposure has nothing to do with this. This last part of the list is about money. Lonnie Jones?! Kid from Gatlinburg Pittman is now a top player in the state? No one from Blackmon? Like 4 dudes from Memphis? I guess Menphis is down this year?! Wow

List is a joke after 20. Lonnie Jones #45 didnt play basketball this year and wasn't even all district last year. Spencer Lowe has started about half the year for Maryville this season and might end up at Maryville College. Summer exposure has nothing to do with this. This last part of the list is about money. Lonnie Jones?! Kid from Gatlinburg Pittman is now a top player in the state? No one from Blackmon? Like 4 dudes from Memphis? I guess Menphis is down this year?! Wow

It is a scouting service list .......So yea I get what you are saying., The better exposure is getting to state tournamemt. Summer Ball is hiit or miss in most cases. Thanks for including the top 20 as legit though - whew that was close LOL

the best recognition is when your teammates, coaches, and competition believe in you.

Memohis ? Wheres that??? LOL

That class is guard heavy also I dont think ZY plays with a high profile summer ball team. Connors TN Fury team place 5 guys on there. Summer exposure makes a difference on these type list and The Fury travels and plays some big time circuit and certified tournaments.

This 2017 class is so guard heavy. I dont think there are more than 5 or 6 guys 6-8 or taller on there. That helps Connor and probably also hurt ZY.

Hamilton Heights sure dominated the list lol

Zy plays AAU ball with Tee Higgins , I know they compete in tourneys such as the King James classic and such , being 5-10 prob hurts him alot, I have seen a couple of guards on that list play, and I would take Zy any day! He does have some games with min shot attempts at times so ppg suffer, but when feb. (tourny) time comes, he shines!

Can we rename this forum to "How the refs cost *Insert team here* the game!!"?

Every time a team loses, somebody brings up officiating. It's aalllwwaayyss the refs' fault. It's getting old lol

Basketball is a very tough game to ref. we have all been on the good side and bad side of calls. 

Edited by Dalefan

With all this whining about referees some things to think about:

1) Are the refs human?  YES

2) Do humans make mistakes? YES

3) Did all of the players finish the game perfectly with no mistakes (turnovers, missed shots, fouls, missed defensive assignments, etc)? 99.9% NO

So if we are not going to crucify the players for making a turnover, or missing a "good" shot, then why should we do the same to a human ref?  It all evens out in the end.  I'm sure there were calls that were questionable/judgement calls that went both teams ways earlier in the game.  Get over it and just applaud the young men for giving their all, and if you want to jump on the refs, talk to the TSSAA, buy a whistle, put on the stripes, and go out and do it better.  Otherwise, pay your money, buy some popcorn, and hope your team makes just enough plays to play another game.

Edited by ballforall

I agree, I got a letter in the mail about sending my son to some type of exposure camp so if the price is right you'll be ranked?  I bet college coaches know who to see play.

Edited by QSouth89