Top Ladies Soccer Coaches

hardball03

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of this is second hand but in the east Jimmy Weekley's Baylor teams consistently perform at the highest level with solid defense a hallmark of his teams. In the middle Ken McDonald's FRA teams since he's been there have consistently improved. In the west Todd Purcell's Cordova squad has really made giant steps to change the landscape in that part of the state. Since I'm not a player it is difficult to know who really is effective as the players are the best source for providing an answer to your question.

• 2 months later...

Ive coached high school and DI girls select in TN for over 12 years. I believe Jimmy Weekly from baylor is the top girls coach in the state. HIs Baylor girls are not always the most talented but he still wins state championships year after year. He simply out coaches the competition who often have better talent. That is not a knock on the other coaches. Weekly is simply in a league to himself in high school soccer. He is over qualified for high school actually. Kinda not fair to the others.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recent Posts

• RR, you might remember. Didn’t someone hide the kicking shoe that game? It seems I remember we had missed a kick the week before, and we needed all the points we could get. We thought we had a better chance going for two, so $?&@$ hid the shoe after the first miss that game. No one on our sideline looked for it very hard.
    • I will never forget the 1983 Heritage vs Maryville game. I remember driving home and listening to WGAP. Can't remember the announcers name. He asked Coach Story why he kept going for 2? Story told him " Why didn't you ask Renfro that last year"
    • TSSAA will let them all go to Mase.
    • Well nothing new, the Mustangs are really talented again this coming season!  They very well could go undefeated in regular season.  We shall see what happens in postseason.  I think the path to state title game is a little clearer than years past.  I think the Stangs are going to be really good and I think the traditional teams around in 2A are not going to be as strong.  It should be a fun season!