District 4A 2015-2016

LilGoose10

I would contest the Lady Indians SOS as the fifth highest in the district.  They lost to Grainger (10-1), Campbell Co.(8-1) and Union Co. (8-1) who are all large class schools.  Yes, they lost those games but the fact that they are on the schedule verifies that they aren't lining up cupcakes to pad their record.  They have also played Clinton, AC, Cumberland Gap, and Claiborne Co., who are all probably middle of the road teams but they are considerably bigger schools as well. 

Friday Night was not a good night for us...we got the big lead and then just lost focus somewhat.  Hats off to the Lady Eagles in their charge to make a game of it......!  I know we got a bit lazy with it but getting the W is what is important at the end of the day.  Sometimes you learn lessons when you win too.  I'm sure Coach West has plenty of ammo to sharpen things up before the next one.

Kazanity

I looked at some of the schedules and I'm sorry but Wartburg, OS, and Oakdale's schedules don't hold a candle to the Lady Indians.  (didn't look at Jellico's cause it really won't matter there)  I'd put that Grainger Co. Team up against anybody on the other three's schedule. (Union Co or Campbell Co. too)  I don't know how SOS was computed but involving these teams it is way out of sync.  Regardless of my opinion, it really, in a nutshell, doesn't mean a hill of beans in the scheme of things.  We fell asleep against Oakdale....do that and anybody can give you a thump.  I've seen teams with tremendous talent lose to an inferior opponent more times than you think in women's basketball.  If your off your game it is hard to get it back in short order...!

kaz

Tonight's games:

Oakdale at Coalfield

I try to not be biased to the Lady Eagles, but I've got a good feeling about them tonight. Give me Oakdale by 5 in the upset. (They've proved my gut feeling wrong twice this year, though. Haha)

Jellico at OS

OS just has too much. OS by 25

Sunbright at Oneida 

Oneida stays focused and wins handily. Oneida by 21

Wartburg at Rockwood

Would like to see this game. I'll take the Lady Dawgs by 11

Coalfield 69 Oakdale 43 Final

Dang. I did NOT expect that at all. What happened? Did Coalfield look that good or Oakdale that bad? Sounds like it was never a game. I wasn't able to make it.

Coalfield forced turnovers and had a lot of wide open looks. If coalfield can get the game going up and down then they will be tough to beat.

Coalfield 69 Oakdale 43 Final

Dang. I did NOT expect that at all. What happened? Did Coalfield look that good or Oakdale that bad? Sounds like it was never a game. I wasn't able to make it.

it wasn't nearly that close...oakdale doesn't have much size or any shooters. They looked a lot like CF did in game 1 of season... Thoroughly outmanned tonight. CF obviously playing much better than first of season as well. They look much more like a top 2 district team now. Edited by CAH09

On the flip side up North, the Lady Indians were quick too in determining the outcome with Sunbright.  They were up by 22 at the half and coasted pretty much the rest of the evening.  Sunbright has played some teams tough and I actually thought they compete pretty hard but they were unable to slow down the transition game of Oneida.  If form holds true, then the Oneida/Coalfield game might look like a track meet.  It appears both teams like to get up and down the court.  If Oneida is hitting like they were in the first half, I would say they can get it done but Coalfield obviously is getting their groove on.

Kazzy