Should the TSSAA BOC add a third division? D3 aka "Whiners Division"?

Division III aka "The Whiners Division"?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should Trousdale Co. and Lewis Co. be allowed to be the initial two members of Division III aka "The Whiners Division"?

• Yes. All schools in DIII deserve a big GREEN football trophy at the end of each year!
    • Yes, and in addition to the GREEN trophy the coaches and administrators of each DIII school should receive a pink crying towel!
    • No. These schools need to learn to work harder and coach up their players. In life all things are hardly ever easy and seldom even steven "fair".

Perhaps there should be two classes. If a school restricts its attendance to only those children who live within its boundaries, it should be in the closed zone division. If the school has no boundaries, or has boundaries but allows out-of-zone students to attend, it should be in the open zone division.

Initially only Lewis & Trousdale Counties will be in D3. However, there appears to be several schools which are eager to join. All D3 teams will receive a football trophy in the same size and style of the traditional gold footballs at the conclusion of each season, except the ball will be GREEN.

You're a CPA fan who is mad because you can't make a living playing the likes of Westmoreland from now on after the next two years.

You said in your options to learn to coach up players. Seriously? Keep recruiting players and playing against zoned publics and saying it's for reasons of playing local community schools and not about having a major advantage.

Edited by LBD
  • Upvote 1

Hasn't Trousdale won 10 titles? Have they not beat schools like Brentwood Acd, DCA, CPA? Why the hate?

Because Bobby Sharpe and Clint Satterfield had the backbone to circulate the petition and demand that TSSAA address an issue that was years overdue...that's why. If all the private school's supporters want their kids to compete in the public school division, they should send them to a public school. The few privates in DI who truly go "all out" to win titles by pushing the envelope (yes CPA is one) have made a mockery of TSSAA's "level playing field" ideology, and exposed the advantage's that they currently hold to the point that no one could deny such an advantage existed. Now that they will potentially have to compete against others with similar regulations, good 'ole Ken wants to play the whiner card and spew some hate against the two programs (Lewis County and Trousdale County) who took the responsibility upon themselves alone to "fix" the problem. Two of the states longest running traditions of hard nosed, excellent football programs don't need my support but they have it, and everyone else who has been at a disadvantage owes them a little nod too.

• Upvote 2

Because Bobby Sharpe and Clint Satterfield had the backbone to circulate the petition and demand that TSSAA address an issue that was years overdue...that's why. If all the private school's supporters want their kids to compete in the public school division, they should send them to a public school. The few privates in DI who truly go "all out" to win titles by pushing the envelope (yes CPA is one) have made a mockery of TSSAA's "level playing field" ideology, and exposed the advantage's that they currently hold to the point that no one could deny such an advantage existed. Now that they will potentially have to compete against others with similar regulations, good 'ole Ken wants to play the whiner card and spew some hate against the two programs (Lewis County and Trousdale County) who took the responsibility upon themselves alone to "fix" the problem. Two of the states longest running traditions of hard nosed, excellent football programs don't need my support but they have it, and everyone else who has been at a disadvantage owes them a little nod too.

Your analysis, such that it is........is wrong on two fronts:

1) The CPA in my screen name is from my twitter account and stands for "certified public accountant" not Christ Presbyterian Academy. My school is a little private academic school called Nashville Christian and they play a little football too.

Certainly I would disagree with your outrageous charge against CPA that by hiring good coaches which motivate their players to compete and win is somehow making a " mockery of TSSAA's "level playing field" ideology". 

2) You state "Because Bobby Sharpe and Clint Satterfield had the backbone to circulate the petition and demand that TSSAA address an issue that was years overdue." 

Many do not agree it was backbone that allowed Sharpe and Satterfield a forum to display their disdain for their fellow member schools. No sir, it was purely driven by spite and envy. You know it, I know it, Bernard Childress knows it, and so does everyone else. If you want to celebrate those character traits, certainly you are entitled to. But the majority of hard working people see those as character flaws. 

A current application of Exodus 20:17 would read in the instant situation:

You shall not covet your neighbor's facilities. You shall not covet your neighbor's fans, or his victories or his gold ball trophies, his coaches, or his accomplishments.

:thumb:

Your analysis, such that it is........is wrong on two fronts:

1) The CPA in my screen name is from my twitter account and stands for "certified public accountant" not Christ Presbyterian Academy. My school is a little private academic school called Nashville Christian and they play a little football too.

Certainly I would disagree with your outrageous charge against CPA that by hiring good coaches which motivate their players to compete and win is somehow making a " mockery of TSSAA's "level playing field" ideology".

2) You state "Because Bobby Sharpe and Clint Satterfield had the backbone to circulate the petition and demand that TSSAA address an issue that was years overdue."

Many do not agree it was backbone that allowed Sharpe and Satterfield a forum to display their disdain for their fellow member schools. No sir, it was purely driven by spite and envy. You know it, I know it, Bernard Childress knows it, and so does everyone else. If you want to celebrate those character traits, certainly you are entitled to. But the majority of hard working people see those as character flaws.

A current application of Exodus 20:17 would read in the instant situation:

You shall not covet your neighbor's facilities. You shall not covet your neighbor's fans, or his victories or his gold ball trophies, his coaches, or his accomplishments.

:thumb:

but doesn't Trousdale have more than double the trophies of CPA and NCA combined?

You are entitled to your opinion, but not to tell me what I , Bernard Childress, nor "everyone else" knows. I used CPA as my example because they were mentioned in previous post's, and because they are at the forefront of most debates regarding private schools advantage in DI. Look at Mike Roller's (Lipscomb Academy's Director) comments to the advisory board (paraphrase) The unnatural success rate by a few schools who circumvent the rules shouldn't keep everyone from DI.

To proclaim anyone associated with Trousdale County's football program, or them as a whole to be envious of Nashville Christian (no offense to NC intended), CPA or anyone else is beyond laughable. CPA does hire good coaches (and great recruiters) , who motivate players (from all Middle Tn and beyond) to compete and win (against schools not able to recruit), but Trousdale's program has been long revered as one of the outstanding powerhouse teams in the state, play up in competition (with success) whenever possible, and are perennial contenders for the gold ball. Want to debate character flaws, then let's debate what character is exposed by bending rules to accumulate talent when the rules already favor you, choosing not to face opposition with equal opportunity to access talent, and protest loudly and with much venom when it looks as if you will be pressed to face your fears and man-up to equal competition.

Edited by tradertwo
  • Upvote 1

You are entitled to your opinion, but not to tell me what I , Bernard Childress, nor "everyone else" knows. I used CPA as my example because they were mentioned in previous post's, and because they are at the forefront of most debates regarding private schools advantage in DI. Look at Mike Roller's (Lipscomb Academy's Director) comments to the advisory board (paraphrase) The unnatural success rate by a few schools who circumvent the rules shouldn't keep everyone from DI.

To proclaim anyone associated with Trousdale County's football program, or them as a whole to be envious of Nashville Christian (no offense to NC intended), CPA or anyone else is beyond laughable. CPA does hire good coaches (and great recruiters) , who motivate players (from all Middle Tn and beyond) to compete and win (against schools not able to recruit), but Trousdale's program has been long revered as one of the outstanding powerhouse teams in the state, play up in competition (with success) whenever possible, and are perennial contenders for the gold ball. Want to debate character flaws, then let's debate what character is exposed by bending rules to accumulate talent when the rules already favor you, choosing not to face opposition with equal opportunity to access talent, and protest loudly and with much venom when it looks as if you will be pressed to face your fears and man-up to equal competition.

"want to debate character flaws, then let's debate what character is exposed by bending rules to accumulate talent when the rules already favor you, choosing not to face opposition with equal opportunity to access talent, and protest loudly and with much venom when it looks as if you will be pressed to face your fears and man-up to equal competition."

http://usatodayhss.com/2015/tssaa-publicprivate-debate-is-about-state-titles

Bernard Childress came right out and said it Thursday.

The executive director of the Tennessee Secondary School Athletic Association has spent the better part of 16 months dissecting just about every potential course of action in a potential split of public and private schools in the postseason.

His analysis? The debate has less to do with establishing a level playing field in high school athletics and more to do with trophies.

A TSSAA council ultimately will decide July 16 among five options — keep the current system; split public and private for the postseason; split public and private for both regular season and postseason; split public and private/open enrollment public/charter; or split between urban and rural.

Why the debate?

There are those in the public school faction who believe some private schools in Division I are not playing on a level field, despite those school not being allowed to provide financial aid.

But the TSSAA needs proof in order to act, and Childress isn’t talking about the kind of proof that comes in the form of an anonymous letter filled with blind accusations against this and that school.

“If recruiting is an issue, let’s deal with it,†Childress said. “Give us some facts and we’ll deal with it. There are a lot of issues we can take care of within our bylaws instead of isolating a group of schools that don’t want to be isolated.â€

TraderTwo your allegations are no different than "the kind of proof that comes in the form of an anonymous letter filled with blind accusations against this and that school." "

You and your ilk base your whole case on the on-field success of certain schools, that is not evidence of wrongdoing my fine feathered friend.

"You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor." 

At this pace, ya'll are going to run out of commandments to break. Bless your heart. I'll say a prayer for you today.