Should the TSSAA BOC add a third division? D3 aka "Whiners Division"?

Division III aka "The Whiners Division"?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should Trousdale Co. and Lewis Co. be allowed to be the initial two members of Division III aka "The Whiners Division"?

• Yes. All schools in DIII deserve a big GREEN football trophy at the end of each year!
    • Yes, and in addition to the GREEN trophy the coaches and administrators of each DIII school should receive a pink crying towel!
    • No. These schools need to learn to work harder and coach up their players. In life all things are hardly ever easy and seldom even steven "fair".

The article that Brandon Shields wrote is a lazy piece of "journalism".  He went to the local ball coach, asked a question and then let him rant without challenging any of the "facts" the ball coach spewed.  Kinda wonder in Brandon is intimidated by the ole coach. As BigPurple pointed out (clap to you), a simple search could have been done to save Brandon from looking like a third tier sports writer.  Writers like Brandon, and the McKenzie ball coach, show their agenda here. 

Edited by RonMexico3

The article that Brandon Shields wrote is a lazy piece of "journalism". He went to the local ball coach, asked a question and then let him rant without challenging any of the "facts" the ball coach spewed. Kinda wonder in Brandon is intimidated by the ole coach. As BigPurple pointed out (clap to you), a simple search could have been done to save Brandon from looking like a third tier sports writer. Writers like Brandon, and the McKenzie ball coach, show their agenda here.

This time we agree on something. :)

This time we agree on something. :)

I tweeted Brandon, his response to me was "no one pays tuiton to go to McKenzie according to the superintendent."

Sounds like Brandon asked the wrong question again.  He should have asked if any student living outside the McKenzie "closed zone boundaries" attends McKenzie?

Looking at bringing in all schools for the regular season then splitting for the postseason..by my count, in basketball class A would go to 419 (CPA and St George's). Class AA would go to Hume Fogg at 908. Class AAA would be everyone larger. Even with a postseason split that is a big range in AAA due to so many small schools. Havent looked at football yet but it is probably similar.

I tweeted Brandon, his response to me was "no one pays tuiton to go to McKenzie according to the superintendent."

Sounds like Brandon asked the wrong question again. He should have asked if any student living outside the McKenzie "closed zone boundaries" attends McKenzie?

I agree. The online policy mentions that the tuition charged is the difference between what the state allots for educating the child and the actual cost. If there is no difference there is no tuition.

Looking at bringing in all schools for the regular season then splitting for the postseason..by my count, in basketball class A would go to 419 (CPA and St George's). Class AA would go to Hume Fogg at 908. Class AAA would be everyone larger. Even with a postseason split that is a big range in AAA due to so many small schools. Havent looked at football yet but it is probably similar.

Football, it would be hard to go with five classes with 345 teams. Regions would average 9 teams and some would have 10. Six classes would average 7 teams. Cutoffs would be 318, 497, 711, 1018, 1420. Teams like Ensworth would almost for certain move up, pushing a few down a class to keep the numbers equal.

I doubt all in then divided postseason wll happen.

I said it yesterday and I'll say it today.....Brandon Shields wrote a lazy article.  How can you write dribble like this without doing a simple internet search?  It clearly states on the Board of Education web site that there is a clear path for out of zone students to atted McKenzie (and play sports) if they pay a fee the board says is fair.  I also read it to mean if the board does not imply a tution fee, no fee needs to be paid so I student can attend McKenzie without paying a dime.  Seems like Coach Comer is being dishonest, or at a very minimum he's ignorant about how he's able to field a team.  McKenzie has the exact "advantage" as the small privates that whip him every year. 

Open zone publics can't deny entry the way private schools can. If you have 300 there who likely are college bound (meaning every one comes from a home where parents give a darn), they will be more likely to be there every day, and be more likely to participate in sports. That is an advantage over schools that take anyone who walks through the doors even if the school is larger. How many students that write their name on the top of the test (if even that), turn it in then put their head down on the desk and sleep do you think play sports-or would be eligible even if they wanted. Apples and oranges, split them completely.

Edited by Indian

Open zone publics can't deny entry the way private schools can. If you have 300 there who likely are college bound (meaning every one comes from a home where parents give a darn), they will be more likely to be there every day, and be more likely to participate in sports. That is an advantage over schools that take anyone who walks through the doors even if the school is larger. How many students that write their name on the top of the test (if even that), turn it in then put their head down on the desk and sleep do you think play sports-or would be eligible even if they wanted. Apples and oranges, split them completely.

McKenzie can deny entry just like the private schools. One of the points in their policy is that the out of zone student must have the approval if the superintendent. He can deny them just line privates can. Many open zones have the same stipulation.

You are talking hypotheticals.  The FACTS are McKenzie is a open zone that can recruit players from anywhere and they do not have to pay a tution if the board has not established a fee.  Open zones are the same as privates.  Open zones should be lumped into their own division and play each other.

And for the record, I want a complete split too.  The privates will excel once they get out from underneath the TSSAA umbrella.

Edited by RonMexico3