Public,private,open zone, this is the real problem

runtheball

RECRUITING of players!!! I have been coaching over 40 years and this has always been the problem. I have no problem with any school that a kid or parent wants their child to attend. The problem is when coaches or school employee from any school goes out and INITIATES FIRST CONTACT and actively approaches kids at middle school games all over the city wearing their school cloth  and various youth programs and recruits them to their school. I have experienced this many times from private and public schools. If coaches and schools would quit doing this we would not have this problem. Isn't recruiting the same as cheating?

Edited by runtheball

I agree.It is not fair to the Public School who has to play with the kids who "live" there vs Kids "recruited from other areas...

recruiting is not limited to private schools and the previous poster recoginizes that.  Open zone schools have the same geographical "advantage" as private schools do.

recruiting is not limited to private schools and the previous poster recoginizes that.  Open zone schools have the same geographical "advantage" as private schools do.

I have seen all recruit. I am not sure that public does not recruit as much as anybody. Just coach the kids that want to be in your school.

I have seen all recruit. I am not sure that public does not recruit as much as anybody. Just coach the kids that want to be in your school.

It will never stop. Some coaches will do what ever it takes to win. The only way that TSSAA will do anything is take the reported incident and then investigate. The parent of the player being recruited will have to say that the school initiated the contact and first reached out to their child for athletics. I have not seen many do this. Most will not get the school in trouble because they want their child there or just do not want to get them in trouble and go through the process. I have seen video taken of coaches from other schools at schools they do not belong at,but it will still take a parent telling on them.

Edited by runtheball

It will never stop. Some coaches will do what ever it takes to win. The only way that TSSAA will do anything is take the reported incident and then investigate. The parent of the player being recruited will have to say that the school initiated the contact and first reached out to their child for athletics. I have not seen many do this. Most will not get the school in trouble because they want their child there or just do not want to get them in trouble and go through the process. I have seen video taken of coaches from other schools at schools they do not belong at,but it will still take a parent telling on them.

But how do you expect them to police open zone? That's not an athletics thing bruh, that's a city/county and school board thing.

But how do you expect them to police open zone? That's not an athletics thing bruh, that's a city/county and school board thing.

First I am not a bruh. Open zone, it still gets back to a coach going after kids and making first contact. All open zone is saying kids can go where they want, it is not saying coaches can go after anyone they want. Until coaches decide to coach who comes to them and quit going after kids it will not stop. It is called ethics. 

Sometimes, when you're to close to the trees, you can't see the forest.

To simplify it for Alcoa groupies, sicne you have open zones, you see no problem with open zones. 

Sometimes, when you're to close to the trees, you can't see the forest.

To simplify it for Alcoa groupies, sicne you have open zones, you see no problem with open zones.

I think the open zones are not near the issue as the private school paying your tuition to go there. As long as you pay the proper fees than I really do not have a problem with it. In county transfers are a bigger problem than that to me. If you can't keep your kids than do something that will for the public school kids. Public vs public only clouds the issue that runtheball put forth. I would say most do encourage you play for their school whatever the case. I do not see that changing. When it does happen you have to turn them in and hope for what is right to happen.

First I am not a bruh. Open zone, it still gets back to a coach going after kids and making first contact. All open zone is saying kids can go where they want, it is not saying coaches can go after anyone they want. Until coaches decide to coach who comes to them and quit going after kids it will not stop. It is called ethics.

Oh ok. Sorry, sis. :mrgreen:

And Rankin doesn't go after anyone. They simply come to Alcoa because they know they can win.