How will the first touchdown be scored by Maryville against Heritage?

BigDave1967

Gibson County and USJ do as well.

Since we are asking off the wall questions on this topic I have one. What is Maryville's stance on the confederate flag? They are the Rebels after all. Will they ban the flag at games?

Flags on poles was banned after 2002 I think? Don't quote me on the year. Some students do wear the confederate flag clothing. Not sure how that will play out now.

How do y'all think Maryville will score their first touchdown in the season opener against Heritage? I think Maryville scores their first touchdown on a 10 yard run by the quarterback.

Heritage gets the ball first and makes 3 yards on two runs.Hard to believe,but they gain 11 yards on third  down with a little out pass. Everyone on the Heritage side is jumping up and down.Their fans start a chant.We are  Heritage !,we are Heritage !.On the Maryville side,Stars throws his soft drink at the ref for not calling an obvious hold on one of the Heritage receivers.The Heritage coaching staff is fired up and says,"if it aint broke" and calls the same pass play.This time,the hold doesn't happen and a Maryville defensive back jumps the route and takes it for a pick six.Hold on,the ref is still mad at Stars and calls a hold on Maryville,25 yards behind the play ! Just kidding,Maryville scores on a pick six.By the way Heritage fans.I got the chant from when we started a game well against Maryville and started saying.We are DB.That didn't last long.

Heritage gets the ball first and makes 3 yards on two runs.Hard to believe,but they gain 11 yards on third down with a little out pass. Everyone on the Heritage side is jumping up and down.Their fans start a chant.We are Heritage !,we are Heritage !.On the Maryville side,Stars throws his soft drink at the ref for not calling an obvious hold on one of the Heritage receivers.The Heritage coaching staff is fired up and says,"if it aint broke" and calls the same pass play.This time,the hold doesn't happen and a Maryville defensive back jumps the route and takes it for a pick six.Hold on,the ref is still mad at Stars and calls a hold on Maryville,25 yards behind the play ! Just kidding,Maryville scores on a pick six.By the way Heritage fans.I got the chant from when we started a game well against Maryville and started saying.We are DB.That didn't last long.

This is really funny! And ironic, that is a Heritage chant!

Heritage gets the ball first and makes 3 yards on two runs.Hard to believe,but they gain 11 yards on third down with a little out pass. Everyone on the Heritage side is jumping up and down.Their fans start a chant.We are Heritage !,we are Heritage !.On the Maryville side,Stars throws his soft drink at the ref for not calling an obvious hold on one of the Heritage receivers.The Heritage coaching staff is fired up and says,"if it aint broke" and calls the same pass play.This time,the hold doesn't happen and a Maryville defensive back jumps the route and takes it for a pick six.Hold on,the ref is still mad at Stars and calls a hold on Maryville,25 yards behind the play ! Just kidding,Maryville scores on a pick six.By the way Heritage fans.I got the chant from when we started a game well against Maryville and started saying.We are DB.That didn't last long.

I never will forget the 2010 WB/Maryville game. WB got the ball first and was moving it methodically down the field. First down after first down.... We got all the way down to the goalline and our RB fumbled it and Maryville recovered! Guess what? They scored within 5 plays and it was all downhill from there. Maryville ended up beating us 55-6 (I believe?). We scored our only TD on their marching band as time expired. After the game GQ said "They had that first turnover and things kind of snowballed for them in a bad way". That was the understatement of the year. :huh:

In 2009 we were 5-5 going into the first round against Maryville. Our stud running back and best offensive lineman were out.Not a good picture to start with.We got a three and out on Maryville and sent our " special" teams into the game for the Maryville punt .Maryville had a bad snap and the ball was inside their own 10.Many of our fans had already started "we are DB ".I knew who we were but I also knew who we were playing and didn't say nothing. The Maryville punter noticed that we had our special teams in and decided to see if they could be special and also tackle.He ran the ball out to about the 35 or 40.About 15 plays later,our defense was worn out and Maryville was on the way to a 41-0 beating of the Tribe.Could have been a lot worse, but coach Quarles and Maryville are a class program.

Edited by BatmanDB

Gibson County and USJ do as well.

Since we are asking off the wall questions on this topic I have one. What is Maryville's stance on the confederate flag? They are the Rebels after all. Will they ban the flag at games?

Just a perspective from another set of Rebels(Sullivan South). About 5 years ago due to similar concerns the schools graphic design classes designed a set of 5 "spirit" flags that are used inside the stadium. One of them is the same design as the battle flag, just in different (school) colors. Others are representative of the period like crossed sabers and so forth. While they are not brought into the stadium, the Stars and Bars are widely flown on students vehicles, especially on game day. On Friday mornings there is always a procession of 100 or so cars/trucks heading to school flying either the spirit flags or the Stars and Bars. According to a recent news article there are no plans to make any further changes regarding the flags at South. Edited by RebRaider85

The Rebel flag can be argued like religion and politics.I hate when anyone takes their twisted

beliefs and causes harm to  innocent people while at the same time making other people look bad who practice that religion, stand for a political party,or have pride in a flag for a totally different reason.

The Rebel flag can be argued like religion and politics.I hate when anyone takes their twisted

beliefs and causes harm to  innocent people while at the same time making other people look bad who practice that religion, stand for a political party,or have pride in a flag for a totally different reason.

Very well said BatmanDB .

• 1 month later...