Will Margie Coleman transfer to Chester County?

Macnarry

South Side's players got mad and were fouling left and right. They play physical. Knocking players to the floor all night. They got angry and were an undisciplined team and their coach was the ring leader. A good team maybe the quickest defensive team I have ever seen but at the same time was a poor half court offensive team. You control your TO's and you beat this team.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South Side's players got mad and were fouling left and right. They play physical. Knocking players to the floor all night. They got angry and were an undisciplined team and their coach was the ring leader. A good team maybe the quickest defensive team I have ever seen but at the same time was a poor half court offensive team. You control your TO's and you beat this team.

From what I saw, the coach was really working the refs like any other coach does and from what I was told he got T'd up for a comment made by a fan. Team looked pretty disciplined especially on defense but never adjusted to the tight calls. I agree half court is not their strong suit, but still a very tough team. Cant let the crowd and officiating take them out of games. They played way more calm tonight.

From what I saw, the coach was really working the refs like any other coach does and from what I was told he got T'd up for a comment made by a fan. Team looked pretty disciplined especially on defense but never adjusted to the tight calls. I agree half court is not their strong suit, but still a very tough team. Cant let the crowd and officiating take them out of games. They played way more calm tonight.

South Side is a great team and are very strong and physical.  It depends on how the game is being called as to whether they are beatable.  Honestly, the referee teams have been all over the board this year.  I will have to say that I haven't seen what appears to be any horrible calls or one-sided calling.  What I have seen is referees call super tight games one night (40 plus fouls) and then the next night in a super physical game call only 15 or so fouls.  Not sure how it will all even out when district play starts.

South Side played much more calm against Dresden. Very good team I agree. May be the quickest girls team I have ever seen. They hold their cool and win their district they avoid Westview until the Region finals, IMO. Think Westview will be the team in 13 AA. South Gibson can be good as well in 13 AA as well as Dyersburg.

I know all of the kids/coaches involved in the incident...

Coach McNeal at South Side has done a great job turning their girls program into a relevant program and one of the best in west TN. He gets the best out of his kids in every game. As far as him leading an undisciplined team and being undisciplined himself, I disagree. He's a great person and coach, and has those kids on a track to success.

As for the kid from SS, she's also a great kid as well who plays very hard and is a great student-athlete. SS went out of their way after the incident multiple times to ensure that Fields was going to be fine, and she is. I understand people's emotions get caught up in the heat of the game, but all of the people involved for both teams here are quality and successful people.

Let me rephrase the quote. South Side's players and coach wasn't very disciplined that night and let their emotions get out of hand. I heard the player from South Side and the coach from South Side showed good sportsmanship after the incident. South Side is a very good team and very physical. Refs for the most part especially in the Boro and the one's at the game Fri. Night will not let them play that physical. They played the next day with a lot more poise against Dresden. No hard feelings for South Side. In the heat of battle, sometimes things happen. South Side keeps their cool like they did against Dresden they can make a good run.

Let me rephrase the quote. South Side's players and coach wasn't very disciplined that night and let their emotions get out of hand. I heard the player from South Side and the coach from South Side showed good sportsmanship after the incident. South Side is a very good team and very physical. Refs for the most part especially in the Boro and the one's at the game Fri. Night will not let them play that physical. They played the next day with a lot more poise against Dresden. No hard feelings for South Side. In the heat of battle, sometimes things happen. South Side keeps their cool like they did against Dresden they can make a good run.

Excellent clarification on the first post you made.  That was an extremely hard foul and a scary moment.  Glad the girl is ok and glad for the excellent sportsmanship showed by SS.

Edited by burnalittle

Very true, burn. Guess my reply did seem a little unnecessary. I do want to ask any Chester county folks why they have lost 4 games, all to Single A schools, if they were fortunate enough to get 4 transfers that according to the jackson sun should be helping them be tied for the 2nd spot in the district? They have an established and successful coach and her daughter is one of the best juniors in west Tennessee so doesn't seem to make sense.

Very true, burn. Guess my reply did seem a little unnecessary. I do want to ask any Chester county folks why they have lost 4 games, all to Single A schools, if they were fortunate enough to get 4 transfers that according to the jackson sun should be helping them be tied for the 2nd spot in the district? They have an established and successful coach and her daughter is one of the best juniors in west Tennessee so doesn't seem to make sense.

Chester has a good team and will be tough to beat in their district. Pipkin leads the way and they also have several big guards who can shoot it to compliment her. They're a good team...