AA Basketball

alumnicoach85

I dont believe FW has what it takes to win state. Undersized inside and discipline will be a factor. Haywood has talent all over the floor but i dont think #2 is enought inside to get them back to where they need to be and they struggle when 3s are not falling and the game is slow. Westview is all around and South Side looks convincing but strength of schedule may ne a factor. I haven't seen the others play but Ihave heard that Obion and Ripley are playing well. It will be interesting come district tournament time.

Edited by RealisticFan45

Upperman seems to get all the hype from 8-AA but don't sleep on York Institute.

Not saying we are better than anybody else, but York has already beat Upperman once, and their other three losses are to..... White Co and Station Camp (both ranked in top 10 AAA) and to Cookeville (no slouch in AAA).

If York plays to its potential, we are able to compete with anybody in AA.

Edited by tnhoosier

The post player for York is very good. The surrounding cast plays hard. However, York would need to control the tempo against the more athletic teams west of them to have a chance. You would not run with them. If you made the more athletic teams  play half court and went inside out, you could survive. Otherwise no. Good luck to the Dragons.

Final Simeon 67, Westview 60. Heck of an effort from Westview. Simeon didn't shoot great, they just pounded Westview on the offensive glass. Westview shooting 45 percent from three kept them in in until the end. Westview looked like a team that can win it all in AA today