Livingston Academy 2015

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well they do have playmakers on offense but with inexperience line and a quarterback that hasnt played they better hope he can throw cause i wouldnt doubt they dont see 9 men fronts darin to throw and unless hayes has got taller he want be able see over the line,,

Put 9 in the box and their shifty, speedy running back will still run by or around them more time than not. 

agree if you put 9 in the box, a couples times a game Linder will bust a home run. Plus Hayes is not very tall, but has good arm strength. Covering Hollars 1 on 1 is never a good thing.

Yeah, most teams don't have the overall team speed to contain Linder for an entire game even if they are putting 9 in the box and stacking it. Outside of a team or two the face in the regular season, I think it would be playoff time before LA faced a team capable of shutting him down due to great team speed and athleticism. 

Yeah, most teams don't have the overall team speed to contain Linder for an entire game even if they are putting 9 in the box and stacking it. Outside of a team or two the face in the regular season, I think it would be playoff time before LA faced a team capable of shutting him down due to great team speed and athleticism.

He is a good back. Cookeville has a very good defense. I don't see him doing much against them...especially if their line is suspect.

He is a good back. Cookeville has a very good defense. I don't see him doing much against them...especially if their line is suspect.

agree. Cookeville has the talent and speed to cover Hollars 1 on 1 90% of the time and load the box to contain Linder. LA will have size issues verses Cookeville up front. This is not the 2005 or 2012 Wildcats even though Linder and Hollars are probably 2 of the top 3 athletes LA has had in the last 10 years. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

They were one of the two teams I was thinking of, along with CAK potentially. This could be a big year for Cookeville if everything falls into place for them.

Edited by DCTIGERFAN

They were one of the two teams I was thinking of, along with CAK potentially. This could be a big year for Cookeville if everything falls into place for them.

They are really good...but are in a killer region. They could easily go 5-5. They got the shaft by realignment. Lebanon should have been in that region.

They are really good...but are in a killer region. They could easily go 5-5. They got the shaft by realignment. Lebanon should have been in that region.

agree Lebanon a lot closer.But, CHS has a coaching staff and 2-3 top end players as good as any 6a team minus Maryville. Plus, Blackman and Oakland have new coaches. If LA stays close with CHS, look out for LA. And if that happens, CHS is in for a long year. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

L.A. plays tough, i watched five games in person the year they went 5-5 and won state. I also think they are a good tackling team, this Cak game should be close.

Years ago when coach Derwood Vaughn was basketball coach, and a very good one, he would not allow his basketball players to play football. The player had to make a choice. Most chose basketball, which in fact hurt the football team and kept LA from having a long tradition of having very good teams. During football season you could drive thru town and kids would be playing basketball rather than playing football in the backyard. I remember talking with coaches that LA would be a sleeping giant if players could play both sports. Those of you who knew Coach Vaughn knew better than question that storrid stare, look, that he would give you. Didn't say much, but didn't have to. Not many Coach Vaughn's left .

Years ago when coach Derwood Vaughn was basketball coach, and a very good one, he would not allow his basketball players to play football. The player had to make a choice. Most chose basketball, which in fact hurt the football team and kept LA from having a long tradition of having very good teams. During football season you could drive thru town and kids would be playing basketball rather than playing football in the backyard. I remember talking with coaches that LA would be a sleeping giant if players could play both sports. Those of you who knew Coach Vaughn knew better than question that storrid stare, look, that he would give you. Didn't say much, but didn't have to. Not many Coach Vaughn's left .

very true Scooter, but that ended in the early 80's. The Eldridge twins and McCoin played both. Matt went on to star in football at TTU, Mark Eldridge played bball at Maryville, and McCoin played qb at Cincinnati then Detroit lions. Went to their first ever playoff game in 1981. Scooter, Can you name the head coach?Hint: One of only 2 coaches I know who has a winning record verses Rankin with 3 or more meetings.

Years ago when coach Derwood Vaughn was basketball coach, and a very good one, he would not allow his basketball players to play football. The player had to make a choice. Most chose basketball, which in fact hurt the football team and kept LA from having a long tradition of having very good teams. During football season you could drive thru town and kids would be playing basketball rather than playing football in the backyard. I remember talking with coaches that LA would be a sleeping giant if players could play both sports. Those of you who knew Coach Vaughn knew better than question that storrid stare, look, that he would give you. Didn't say much, but didn't have to. Not many Coach Vaughn's left .

Scooter you must be a lot older than OldCatFan!! I've heard about a lot of Coach Vaughn's rules, but never that one. Might talk to your old coach about that one---I know he played both as well as baseball when he was there along with many others. This may have been the rule before that but not in the early to mid 1970's!