A friendly letter to our prospective new DII brethren

WesVLT

Just read this mess. I am from Gallatin and proud of our community and school both academically and athletically. I could care less about DII, DI or the TSSAA. I've seen Gallatin play several privates through the years and stand tall. The 9th grade football team plays JPII this year at JPII. Regardless, if I had to, I would pay for my child to go to Gallatin. I love my community and school.

You do pay for your child to attend Gallatin in the form of tax dollars just like the parents that live in Gallatin and send their children to private schools. The only problem is that private school parents are not allowed to use those tax dollars towards the tuition at a private school. Edited by cbg

You do pay for your child to attend Gallatin in the form of tax dollars just like the parents that live in Gallatin and send their children to private schools. The only problem is that private school parents are not allowed to use those tax dollars towards the tuition at a private school.

I guess we need to raise taxes to fix the fountain outside. Meanwhile, you petition the state and federal government for tax dollars for your school. Listen, does not matter, enjoy your school and the football season. Edited by TheRealTruth

One was actively recruiting and the next day a phone call was made to the school to inform their coach and principal that it was not appreciated since this individual has caused trouble at Gallatin before. They complied. The other head coach was watching a game and our coach saw him and went to talk to him. He immediately tried to leave when he saw our coach approach him. Williams chased him down in the parking lot and they had a conversation. Legally they can watch anytime but other activities are frowned upon. So it does happen.

The "one" you're referring to wasnt recruiting and as far as saying he "caused trouble", that's ridiculous. Gallatin knows the kids would want to play for him. That's the problem he caused, not recruiting, unless attending a game is considered recruiting now.

The "one" you're referring to wasnt recruiting and as far as saying he "caused trouble", that's ridiculous. Gallatin knows the kids would want to play for him. That's the problem he caused, not recruiting, unless attending a game is considered recruiting now.

Talking to kids at games and in their neighborhood or even at church stating better recruitment and opportunities if they go there or saying your coach there has you playing out of position, so come here and you can start here. eers, not sure what you think you know, but there has always been more to the story with multiple kids. Happens all over but I am happy with those who play football at Gallatin. If they don't what to be here over false pretenses, then we don't want them here either.

Talking to kids at games and in their neighborhood or even at church stating better recruitment and opportunities if they go there or saying your coach there has you playing out of position, so come here and you can start here. eers, not sure what you think you know, but there has always been more to the story with multiple kids. Happens all over but I am happy with those who play football at Gallatin. If they don't what to be here over false pretenses, then we don't want them here either.

This is the 7th girl talk that the TSSAA is tired of hearing about.  If you have facts about a true case of recruiting, send it to the TSSAA. 

• Upvote 1

Let's play a game. Let's pretend that is what happened. Can't speak on "out of position", but I would say the other reasons you say we're given are true. I would also say it's better coaching. I would also say it's a coaches responsibility to sale his school as being better. It has been made out that coaches are coming after players and that's not the case.

Truth, I'm not sure what you've been told but I will bet it's not real accurate.

Let's play a game. Let's pretend that is what happened. Can't speak on "out of position", but I would say the other reasons you say we're given are true. I would also say it's better coaching. I would also say it's a coaches responsibility to sale his school as being better. It has been made out that coaches are coming after players and that's not the case.

Truth, I'm not sure what you've been told but I will bet it's not real accurate.

I appreciate your thoughts and post. But I can promise you this is not pretending and not something that is secondhand. I have seen it personally and it's not better coaching, it's perception. At this point, I don't see it factoring in as much now as in the past. The main individual has moved on to several places in the area due to his background checks. These individuals have made money off the kids with training, camps and have associated themselves with both public and private while training kids in the off-season or as assistant coaches. I'm not saying that it is a certain program or head coaches that may not even be aware of all that is taking place.