Cookeville 2015

Legit commitable offers tell more about players than any film or ranking service. If a 3 star has offers from every SEC team and 80% of the South I'd rather have him than a 4 star with one or two big offers and the rest consisting from teams such as MTSU, etc.

Who is this 3 star with offers from every SEC school & 80% of the south?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

either side has posted it yet. I figured you or squad would have had a full report by now.

I didn't get to go (again) have to save my vacation time to make sure I make all the regular season games. My son said we handled them but I don't have enough specifics so I won't speculate.

I've only seen one video of it on hudl. And that is one you'll want to see UCM.

Our latest transfer, Ayden Gist, 6'5" WR/DB transfer from ALCOA.

Came in right before school started. Even missed picture day. Lavergne was his first action.

Google Ayden Gist...

I didn't get to go (again) have to save my vacation time to make sure I make all the regular season games. My son said we handled them but I don't have enough specifics so I won't speculate.

Came in right before school started. Even missed picture day. Lavergne was his first action.

Google Ayden Gist...

good get. Also got reports CHS handle them pretty easily in varsity action, couldn't stop CHS ground game

Google Ayden Gist...

Hey Squad, looking forward to tonight. Hope y'all have a safe travel up here and back. Take it easy on us this year would ya!

Fyi,  Ayden Gist has been at Cookeville since the DEAD PERIOD.  He has participated in everything since then.  He missed picture day to go to an AAU Basketball thing that was a prior commitment, according to my sources on the team.  He will be a valuable part of the team. Glad his family moved backed to their original stomping grounds of Cookeville.

I was at the scrimmage.  I don't think what yall have been told is accurate.  I will say the Varsity was evenly matched.  Both sides making plays, and getting after it.  Vic Johnson had one good run, and Zac Poston had one good catch.  Lavergne had one good play by #2, and then had a good play on Special Teams.   JV was a different story.  Cookeville completely controlled that part of the scrimmage.  Just my observation, as I was sitting with alot of folks, and planning our pregame ceremonies for the next couple of weeks.  

UCM, you do know that you are only seeing highlites on HUDL right.  Most of the time, the player that puts them up there looks good.  

I also don't think that Cookeville's line that started the scrimmage Tuesday is as big as yall think.  Lavergne was much, much bigger than CHS.  

You wanted my two cents, and there it is.

See you guys at Gallatin.  I have to work, but I will be there by the time that guys get in on that JV action. 

Fyi, Ayden Gist has been at Cookeville since the DEAD PERIOD. He has participated in everything since then. He missed picture day to go to an AAU Basketball thing that was a prior commitment, according to my sources on the team. He will be a valuable part of the team. Glad his family moved backed to their original stomping grounds of Cookeville.

I was at the scrimmage. I don't think what yall have been told is accurate. I will say the Varsity was evenly matched. Both sides making plays, and getting after it. Vic Johnson had one good run, and Zac Poston had one good catch. Lavergne had one good play by #2, and then had a good play on Special Teams. JV was a different story. Cookeville completely controlled that part of the scrimmage. Just my observation, as I was sitting with alot of folks, and planning our pregame ceremonies for the next couple of weeks.

UCM, you do know that you are only seeing highlites on HUDL right. Most of the time, the player that puts them up there looks good.

I also don't think that Cookeville's line that started the scrimmage Tuesday is as big as yall think. Lavergne was much, much bigger than CHS.

You wanted my two cents, and there it is.

See you guys at Gallatin. I have to work, but I will be there by the time that guys get in on that JV action.

Info I got was second hand and probly had the home town blinders on. Line size realitive to boro team might be on the shy side, but will be bigger by 20-40 pounds per man the first two weeks of action, and probably verses WC and CC. Yes you correct on a players HUDL, they are mostly highlight reels, but most teams hnow ave a "team HUDL" that post entire games and scrimmages. You just have to have access. Gone are the days of meeting on Saturday half way to exchange VHS game films with other coaches. Now you just text a access code to the other coach. Times have changed. Edited by UpperCumberlandMan

Google Ayden Gist...

That was a nice little gift from the QB. You have got to put some zip behind those types of passes. He just lobbed it up there for the taking.

I know times have changed.  Unless you are on the team or a member of the coaching staff, then you don't get to watch anything but highlites.  I am not privy to that kind of info.   Are you saying that you are, and are watching Cookeville HUDL verses FR, or you are just watching highlites?  I would love to be able to go and watch and rewatch the games/scrimmages.

Fyi,  Ayden Gist has been at Cookeville since the DEAD PERIOD.  He has participated in everything since then.  He missed picture day to go to an AAU Basketball thing that was a prior commitment, according to my sources on the team.  He will be a valuable part of the team. Glad his family moved backed to their original stomping grounds of Cookeville.

I also don't think that Cookeville's line that started the scrimmage Tuesday is as big as yall think.  Lavergne was much, much bigger than CHS.  

Well that's good about Ayden Gist. I didn't notice him at the 3 way and didn't get to go to Farragut. I just knew he wasn't at picture day.

And you're right about the line. I noticed that in the pictures posted on Upper Cumberland Reporter. They may not be as big as we think. Of course there was still one of the Brady boys standing on the sidelines in shorts. When you're missing a 6'3" 310 pounder it decreases your size significantly.

LaVergne's roster shows 6'3 320, 6'3 325, 6'1 330 as there defensive front.  That will make anyone look small.  Even the Brady Boys.  By my math Cookeville averages 6'1 and some change and 253 pounds across the front line with the 6 that have been playing and the 2 te's.  I agree with squad. It isn't about the size.  They are big enough.  It is about heart, desire, and being coachable.  These guys along with the smaller guys that are playing on the DL will take this Cookeville team to the heights of the teams mentioned earlier, beyond them, or below them.  It all starts up front.  Without these guys, the superstars that UCM likes to tout about, and slam, won't be worth their weight in salt.  Just one old timer's opinion.  Can't wait to see that JV crank it up out their tonight GWAVE.  Got a few that I am interested in seeing roll out there under the lights.