Week 1 -- East Hamilton @ Signal Mountain

MountainTroll

There is plenty of fault to go around in how things have unfolded, and we all need to make some adjustments for the future of the program, but there will be time for that later. For now, I would just as soon not dwell on all of this. It's time to get the season rolling.

Talked to several of the dads over the last few days, and the boys seem to be putting it all behind them better than some of us adults. They just want to get under the lights, have some fun, and play some football. They're ready to give it their all and let the chips fall where they may.

GO EAGLES ! ! !

A local precedent a couple of years back, public to private, Ringgold quarterback to Notre Dame.

He went down to North Murray and practiced with them several weeks over the summer. Family rented an apartment down there, and they used that address when he transferred to Notre Dame, rather than their Ringgold address. :ph34r:

Might have been one of the Whitfield County schools. I'd have to look back at the old Facebook posts. Either way, they tried to establish a residence (on paper anyway) outside of Notre Dame's territory in preparation for the transfer.

impatient1.gif

Booger just sayin

Hope the EH player with the broke leg ain't too bad. Never wuz able to see his number.

I'm proud of the grit and determination of this team, and Coach Wise came up with a good offensive scheme. It was nice to see our offense drive the field against a good EH defense. Unfortunately, our defense could not contain the EH skill guys and gave up too many big plays. We have a lot to clean up on special teams, too, but we'll learn a lot from the film.

I would differ a little with Doug. Although the outcome was never in question, a 16 point difference is about right. The long plays that were called back were clear cut penalties in front of the runner, not incidental backside penalties. And if I'm not mistaken, EH went on to score on those possessions anyway. And don't forget that Signal missed a couple of scoring opportunities on dropped passes. Yes, we did score late on EH's two's, but your one's were gassed in the fourth quarter, and your two's ain't no slouch.

I think Signal was clearly the better conditioned team, especially given the number of our guys that played every snap.

It's good to have the first game behind us, and in spite of the score, the guys have got to feel very good about their performance tonight. It was nice to see lots of the Eagle alumni players and families there tonight cheering the team on.

And the grass looked great, if I do say so myself.

GO EAGLES ! ! !

Hope the EH player with the broke leg ain't too bad. Never wuz able to see his number.

I'm proud of the grit and determination of this team, and Coach Wise came up with a good offensive scheme. It was nice to see our offense drive the field against a good EH defense. Unfortunately, our defense could not contain the EH skill guys and gave up too many big plays. We have a lot to clean up on special teams, too, but we'll learn a lot from the film.

I would differ a little with Doug. Although the outcome was never in question, a 16 point difference is about right. The long plays that were called back were clear cut penalties in front of the runner, not incidental backside penalties. And if I'm not mistaken, EH went on to score on those possessions anyway. And don't forget that Signal missed a couple of scoring opportunities on dropped passes. Yes, we did score late on EH's two's, but your one's were gassed in the fourth quarter, and your two's ain't no slouch.

I think Signal was clearly the better conditioned team, especially given the number of our guys that played every snap.

It's good to have the first game behind us, and in spite of the score, the guys have got to feel very good about their performance tonight. It was nice to see lots of the Eagle alumni players and families there tonight cheering the team on.

And the grass looked great, if I do say so myself.

GO EAGLES ! ! !

16 point difference might be "right" in your signal homer mind, but anyone else that watched it would probably disagree.  sm's first team offense scored on EH's second team defense with 1.8 seconds left in the game.    :blink:  The long plays that were called back were NOT penalties AT ALL, much less "clear cut".  EH didn't go on to score on at least one of those possessions where Uncle Ref bailed you out.  EH's ones WERE NOT gassed in the 4th quarter, however, signal's ones WERE, in fact, GASSED.

Signal had 5-7 kids go down with cramps while EH had 0 go out with cramps... How is signal the "better conditioned team"?  I guess you're grasping for something positive to pull from this, but you weren't watching the same game that was played tonight or those rose-colored glasses you're wearing have skewed your reality.  

Btw, noticed a fair share of crab grass and weeds.  Might want to get your mower blades checked.  And what's up with your HC declining an interview after the game?

Edited by DougVick

seen your turf on the news Troll......your hard work and money has paid off...but you have to do something bout those dirt patches on the sidelines......didnt see North Red Bank Mountain playin it that close.....good on ya

Booger just sayin :mrgreen:

Bermuda just won't hold up to the sideline foot traffic. Wasn't even worth wasting my time on it this year. Even Augusta National couldn't stand up to that. You think you could get the church to buy us some sideline tarps? redthumb.gif

16 point difference might be "right" in your signal homer mind, but anyone else that watched it would probably disagree.  sm's first team offense scored on EH's second team defense with 1.8 seconds left in the game.    :blink:  The long plays that were called back were NOT penalties AT ALL, much less "clear cut".  EH didn't go on to score on at least one of those possessions where Uncle Ref bailed you out.  EH's ones WERE NOT gassed in the 4th quarter, however, signal's ones WERE, in fact, GASSED.

Signal had 5-7 kids go down with cramps while EH had 0 go out with cramps... How is signal the "better conditioned team"?  I guess you're grasping for something positive to pull from this, but you weren't watching the same game that was played tonight or those rose-colored glasses you're wearing have skewed your reality.  

Btw, noticed a fair share of crab grass and weeds.  Might want to get your mower blades checked.  And what's up with your HC declining an interview after the game?

You really had me goin' there for a minute, but your comment about crabgrass and weeds let me know that you're just a special kind of stupid.

trollsmall_zps39bae1ac.jpg

Bermuda just won't hold up to the sideline foot traffic. Wasn't even worth wasting my time on it this year. Even Augusta National couldn't stand up to that. You think you could get the church to buy us some sideline tarps? redthumb.gif

seriously, the field did look good on TV and hope your eaglets got through the night w/out any other injuries

now to your sidelines.....with the NRBM Bible Church less than a mile away from the stadium; Booger would have to agree that 1 sunday in the pulpit with the rattlers should get your sidelines up to par....then again; you also have the NRBM pump station operating 200 yards from the your sidelines.....you should be able to grow anything with their help

Booger just sayin sample_utedass.gif

Edited by Booger