South Pittsburg vs sequatchie (Grider against that Caine man)

Roy Dillard

Relax Mr. LMBO.  I just call em like I see em.  Fact is SP, particularly in the back field is not in good game shape and it probably cost them this game.  They were cramping up a ton and many were cramping early in the 3rd.  That will improve most likely as the season wears on.  This has been an Achilles heel of SP for sometime, at least 10 years or so.  I am not a fence jumper and Vic has never cost me a dime  and I have no personal beef with him. I just over here on this side and he'in on the other. Professionally I know him and the like well, I always liked to go up against the likes of Vic. Arrogance is like an inbred cat it turns on ya quick.    

Heat (temperature) and hydration has a lot to do with cramps.  You could probably tell us a lot about muscle cramps between the ear holes though. 

I have thought this morning and searched for positives about last nights game and this is what I came up with....sequatchies defense is better than any defense in 1a on the east side....so one positive would be against 1a competition I think we can actually score some points...Grundy and Silverdale in the jamboree looked like 1a east type of teams and we held our on against them. So, don't throw this team under the bus yet. There are playmakers on this team. We will get better as the season goes on. The one thing we can't have though is cramps on Friday nights...every single skill player had them last night.

It is important for these guy to keep their head up and not let up until mid-December!

Sorry but your wrong #7 started all season long last year, heck of a player too by the way

Maybe I should explain better. I understand 7 played all year, but last year's team had all of these current juniors on the roster, but they didn't get to play. I thought the statement was made that last year's team had less "skill set" than this year's and it did not. They just didn't get put on the field a lot.

I have thought this morning and searched for positives about last nights game and this is what I came up with....sequatchies defense is better than any defense in 1a on the east side....so one positive would be against 1a competition I think we can actually score some points...Grundy and Silverdale in the jamboree looked like 1a east type of teams and we held our on against them. So, don't throw this team under the bus yet. There are playmakers on this team. We will get better as the season goes on. The one thing we can't have though is cramps on Friday nights...every single skill player had them last night.

Grundy is like a MS team. I promise you that Greenback, Coalfield and Oneida are at least as good overall as Sequatchie County. With that being said we were in the game with a chance to win it.

Like to get your take on how cramps relate to being out of shape?

Well, all training is not equal.  There is a difference between conditioning and game conditioning.  While the SP team may have done extensive conditioning during preseason they are not in game condition as will ll be true of many teams given the new regulations regarding practicing in pads.  Most teams in the past got into game condition by extensive in pad full contact practice.  Now that is impermissible and coaches are going to have to get creative to condition their teams to game conditions.  They must simulate the full explosive movements that occur in games.  Even scrimmages in full pads the players do not have the intensity of a game.  

Any who, when muscles that are thrown in to the fire of game intensity when they are unaccustomed to those conditions they experience extreme fatigue that results in cramping.  This can only be remedied by a couple days of rest, which will allow the musculature recuperate and strengthen ergo get into condition. While it is true that inadequate hydration also can result in cramping, cramping or extreme fatigue will result regardless of hydration level in over stressed muscle.  

The silver lining is that game conditioning will improve as the players play more games, but that doesn't help at the beginning of the season and it makes players more susceptible to injury.   So keep your fingers crossed and it will get better.

You aint seen nuttin yet.

I'm guessing you started posting again last year. Lord knows the last 10 years we haven't seen many posters from Jasper. You would think the Warriors would be the team that has only lost twice in our rivalry game since 2006 from the way their fans run their mouth.. To think that all those years we were beating y'all by 50+ I actually felt a little sorry for the pathetic purple team. Hopefully you guys can make it 2 in a row. That would be a big accomplishment.

Which folks, must have missed those posts. I am glad the Seq fans werent discouraged by the blowout talk this week and filled the bleachers.

not Seq fans, it was most all the Jasper fans. You Seq guys have been respectful. Good luck to you this season. If you can get you offense as explosive as your defense you will surprise a lot of teams.