South Pittsburg vs sequatchie (Grider against that Caine man)

Roy Dillard

Old Pirate sees this feud as a toss up! GO WAR EAGLES

Congrats to the Indians on the "W". The Pirates showed fight but the Indians size advantage wore on the smaller Pirates the second half. If the Pirates are to have any hope winning close games, they have learn how stop the penalties and turnovers. OP gives credit to the Indians as being the more physical team. Congrats..... The Pirates have to regroup and get better. Old Pirate is proud of the fight shown by a very young SP squad. Edited by OLD PIRATE

Hey Roy, this old geezer said to tell your head ball coach to get your players to drinks lots of pickle juice before the game. Not a bad football game to watch at all. I'm not surprised by the outcome. Both fan bases should be proud of their teams tonight. SP will have a hard time against teams with size. Their recipe for success will be to get those fast boys on the edge early and often. No question the team has heart though. As for SC, congrats to your HC on the win. Even if SP isn't at top caliber its still hard to come by victories at that stadium.

I am just glad Seq was able to give the Pirates a competitive game after all the observations and predictions on here.

You didn't see any stupid predictions from me. I told you the entire time that it would be a tough game and decided by a touchdown either way. Sequatchie is bigger, more physical and more talented. The best team won. Congrats.

CowboyBob is very disappointed tonight in the outcome. Cowboy Bob had a good supper at the Cookie Jar. When CowboyBob got to the stadium nobody was there. CowboyBob jumped in his ford and drove down to Pittsburg. PowerPee told me it was in Sequatchie. PowerPee was wrong. When CowboyBob arrived at halftime it was still 0-0 so CowboyBob reckons he didn't miss much hoss. At least CowboyBob got some good food in Sequatchie. Roy Dillard, CowboyBob was at Ronnies Red Eye till midnight waiting on you hoss. Looks like my Pirates are in for a tough season. The Pirates may be 0-2 headed to Jasper and that's not good hoss.

SP did have a lot of fight in em I'll say that.  They got a little speed but they also got a lot of out of shape and too many mistakes.  Vic never was big on the the discipline and being in shape thing but they usually had the talent to overcome lack of conditioning and penalties. If they had any gas in the tank in the second half they beat Dunlap by 2 touchdowns.

SP did have a lot of fight in em I'll say that. They got a little speed but they also got a lot of out of shape and too many mistakes. Vic never was big on the the discipline and being in shape thing but they usually had the talent to overcome lack of conditioning and penalties. If they had any gas in the tank in the second half they beat Dunlap by 2 touchdowns.

Gas in the tank? Sequatchie is bigger and stronger than us up front. That was the difference in the game. I am as hard on SP as anyone, but what you're saying about Coach Grider is complete crap! His teams have notoriously through the years been in great shape. I've watched him run kids 20-25 sprints a day. I remember a Marion County game back almost 15 years ago he won only because he had our kids in shape and Marion wasn't. It's obvious you are more than likely a fence jumper that is still butt hurt over something. His phone number is in the book. Call him up and talk to him like a man. Tell him what his problems are and how to fix them. Edited by TheAmbassador

Bass,

This old geezer understands the fire and passion you have for your team, I love it, but rikberry was just giving an opinion, which he/she is entitled to as we all are. Nothing really derogatory towards Vic or disrespectful. If somebody else made the comments that you did, they would be told to clean it up and get back on subject. Lets all abide by the same rules here. Again, good games by both teams last night. Mistakes were made but its week 1. Great heart displayed last night. Both teams gained this old geezer's respect! 

Jasper isn't as big as sequatchie and if I remember correctly Jasper's 1's had issues with them too in a scrimmage. Only when they completed passes did they move the ball. Difference for us we couldn't catch or we overthrew the receivers. They were open man times just didn't execute. Jasper folks are funny and I take a lot of offense to this Rikberry character. The past 2 years they never ran, but Vic has them in much better shape now. We always had issues with cramps. I guess the faster you run the easier the cramp. Either way, sequatchies defense is one of the best we will face all year. You Jasper folks said yourself that just maybe their offensive struggles had to do with you defense wearing them out. I will say the same about SP. we played lights out the first 3 quarters, then every single one of our backs got cramps. We need coach hale and his pickle juice. So don't come on here badmouthing Vic and he boys.

I applaud the effort of both teams. Both offenses are pretty bad. Sequatchie defense between the tackles is very good. Cates and Davenport are big time players. Not sure what the problem with the cramps were, but they played a big role in the game. In the end, turnovers and penalties did the Pirates in. Next week will be a tough one on the Pirates. Bledsoe has some tough bruising backs. Indians should win against Whitwell in a fairly close game.