GREENBACK "Cherokees" vs LOUDON "Redskins"

cherokean

We had 7 turnovers tonight and that will not win any ballgames period! After all that it was 23-22 late in the 4th and we get a turnover on our side of the field and lose all momentum when our back up RB gets hit in the backfield while the QB is handing off. Loudon cam right through the A gap untouched. We have got to fix the turnovers, keep players on the field, learn our roles and accept them. Still trying to figure a lot out on D. But 7 turnovers? Our run game was non existent tonight which was surprising. Glad our passing game could keep it close. We just need our offense to stay on the field longer. Refs were awful on both sides. I thought I was watching WWF for awhile instead of football. I've never in my life saw so much extracurricular activity after a play away from the ball! Set a bad tone. Loudon came to play and took advantage of our miscues.

I am glad the passing game is coming around BUT if we cant run the ball we wont win in our region.I agree we have to keep players that can help us on the field,i am from the Bill Satterfield school of hard knocks SUCK IT UP AND PLAY!If it aint broke it will be just fine.Greenback has always been known for tough kids who gut it out thats who we are.We will be just fine go to practice get to work learn how to play like a Cherokee!Good luck to Loudon i hope all have a great season.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at the two towns. Loudon,Kingston and many other small towns are the same size they were 35 years ago. Maryville has grown into a large city. Also Blount Co. has open enrollment where kids can go to Maryville and Alcoa. You can't blame those kids for wanting to play there but small schools lose what good players  they have. Also you have Catholic,CAK,Webb,Grace taking good players from these schools. When you play with what comes in the door it's tough to compete. Not making excuses for them it's just the nature of high school football these days.

I just miss those days. 

OnB no need to run ball with 8 men in the box. Not the way our QB and receivers can play. Take what they give you. Key is holding on to ball. We had 223 passing yards and 96 rushing yards. Should have had 500 plus yards on O but need possession of ball to do that. Found out the ones that will stick it out when going gets tuff. More need to join the party. It is big boy football now.

OnB no need to run ball with 8 men in the box. Not the way our QB and receivers can play. Take what they give you. Key is holding on to ball. We had 223 passing yards and 96 rushing yards. Should have had 500 plus yards on O but need possession of ball to do that. Found out the ones that will stick it out when going gets tuff. More need to join the party. It is big boy football now.

Of course if thats the case.I wasnt there so i am just talking in general.Those are great numbers in most games,the turnovers kicked our butt it sounds like.Im just saying in our region if we dont control the clock and limit other teams possesions by running the ball it will be a short lived season for us.Look at all the past champions and teams that win the region they are run oriented teams in high school you HAVE to be able to run the ball.It would be a blessing to get 250 passing yrds every game with about 150 to 200 rushing you dont lose much with those numbers.I am more disturbed to hear about kids not toughen it out that wont fly!

I'm not surprised that the Defensive lineman transferee was a "non factor". I watched him play in person a couple of times last year, as well as a couple times on TV, and I never saw what all the hype was about. He generated more than his fair share of personal foul/unsportsmanlike penalties, seemed to always "get hurt" when the going got tough, and was man-handled by the better teams.

Good luck to both teams the rest of the season.

I'm not surprised that the Defensive lineman transferee was a "non factor". I watched him play in person a couple of times last year, as well as a couple times on TV, and I never saw what all the hype was about. He generated more than his fair share of personal foul/unsportsmanlike penalties, seemed to always "get hurt" when the going got tough, and was man-handled by the better teams.

Good luck to both teams the rest of the season.

Interesting!