HUNTINGDON @ CAMDEN

horse

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It might be Mansfield coming out of retirement to go to Camden Friday night and help run up the score, like he did in the early 2000s when he would leave the starters in during the fourth quarter on Camden's frosh. 

He was presented with an opportunity to help the Lions out this season due to the late in summer departure  to West Carrol of 2 of our assistants! I was told while he would have  loved to his health isn't what it once was and that the heat really affects him now days.  Sad  That man knows football and would have been a tremendous addition to anyone lucky enough to have his help..

While he was coach at Huntingdon for many years never forget he was a Lions assistant and we had the Chance to hire him before Huntingdon did and didn't do it!  They made a great choice for themselves and we paid dearly for it for years.

2 former Mustangs have joined the middle school staff...one is a teacher at HMS and the other is a college student/volunteer.  The high school has added a former 3,000 yard rusher to its staff so he may know a thing or 2 about running the ball

We Added Moose Horton to our staff this year...you guys might remember him! lol MOOOOOSE! Always nice when they come back and add to the program.we have 3-4 Coaches who played here ..and a few that played there!

He was presented with an opportunity to help the Lions out this season due to the late in summer departure  to West Carrol of 2 of our assistants! I was told while he would have  loved to his health isn't what it once was and that the heat really affects him now days.  Sad  That man knows football and would have been a tremendous addition to anyone lucky enough to have his help..

While he was coach at Huntingdon for many years never forget he was a Lions assistant and we had the Chance to hire him before Huntingdon did and didn't do it!  They made a great choice for themselves and we paid dearly for it for years.

I didn't know he was asked to come back to Camden late this summer. That's interesting. Camden did miss the boat in not giving him the head coach position when he was a young man. And what you said about Camden paying for it for years is true.  He was, and still is, a great coach. 

2 former Mustangs have joined the middle school staff...one is a teacher at HMS and the other is a college student/volunteer.  The high school has added a former 3,000 yard rusher to its staff so he may know a thing or 2 about running the ball

Huntingdon did good getting Ben Carter on board for the middle school program. I pick Carter to be one of the better coaches in West Tennessee when he gets a few years under his belt. He is a true football guy, and extremely intelligent. I look for him to be moved to the high school in a few short years.