HUNTINGDON @ CAMDEN

horse

I think this game will show what Camden really is. Waverly is better than a lot of people predicted. Don't discount that too much. Wavo could go 9-1 or 8-2. I've heard Huntingdon was looking good in their scrimmages. Maybe they will come to Camden and run the Lions off the field. Won't surprise me, though, if Camden doesn't give them a good ball game. We'll just have to see Friday night. I do think Huntingdon needs to worry about the increased competition among the single A schools in the area this year. With the new playoff format, Huntingdon could get knocked out in the first round. Happy travels Mustang Fans. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this game will show what Camden really is. Waverly is better than a lot of people predicted. Don't discount that too much. Wavo could go 9-1 or 8-2. I've heard Huntingdon was looking good in their scrimmages. Maybe they will come to Camden and run the Lions off the field. Won't surprise me, though, if Camden doesn't give them a good ball game. We'll just have to see Friday night. I do think Huntingdon needs to worry about the increased competition among the single A schools in the area this year. With the new playoff format, Huntingdon could get knocked out in the first round. Happy travels Mustang Fans. 

Camden plays Huntingdon good most times no matter who is better, I remember a few years ago when we were rebuilding and your team was doing good but we played a hard game with you.  Its what I love about the rivalries.

1A is gonna be tough this year in playoffs, we got Wayne County (they are in region so we get them during season), Union City, Dresden, (They got their quarterback back) Trenton all going to be tough west tn 1A contenders.  However we gotta worry bout you guys this week, we need to try to win as much as we can district or non district cause travel is brutal during season, and we are in a playoff bracket with teams like gordonsville it is nuts traveling wise..

1 game at a time.  This week we worry about Camden win or lose next week next opponent and so on.

So early in the season for these rivalry games back to back.

.If Camden holds onto the ball this week it should be a good game. If we continue to shoot ourselves  in the foot by putting it on the ground during routine exchanges Huntingdon will run us off our own field..  Very talented Huntingdon team this season.. big  strong and can throw the ball if needs be.I really think if you guys can get by Union City the Gold ball is yours this year or next..  Camden has a QB now. Has Huntingdon learned how to defend the pass? I know in years past it has been an issue.

So early in the season for these rivalry games back to back.

.If Camden holds onto the ball this week it should be a good game. If we continue to shoot ourselves  in the foot by putting it on the ground during routine exchanges Huntingdon will run us off our own field..  Very talented Huntingdon team this season.. big  strong and can throw the ball if needs be.I really think if you guys can get by Union City the Gold ball is yours this year or next..  Camden has a QB now. Has Huntingdon learned how to defend the pass? I know in years past it has been an issue.

It has been a issue, too early to tell how well we are at defending the pass however we got some people that can catch so you better be careful bout throwing or we might pick you off.  Our D line is good too so if you dont have a good O line you are not going to have too much time to throw the ball.

I got a question for you Camden Lions, how fast is your quarterback on his feet.  Is he a quick runner too or just a good passer.  I'd like the mustangs to get some experience against some fast qb's as they get later into season is why I'm asking

It has been a issue, too early to tell how well we are at defending the pass however we got some people that can catch so you better be careful bout throwing or we might pick you off.  Our D line is good too so if you dont have a good O line you are not going to have too much time to throw the ball.

I got a question for you Camden Lions, how fast is your quarterback on his feet.  Is he a quick runner too or just a good passer.  I'd like the mustangs to get some experience against some fast qb's as they get later into season is why I'm asking

im from waverly.  slooow

He isnt slow but he isnt a runner either... He can throw the fire out of it so you will find out early this season .The pass rush is a mute point unless its third and forever..they have to and will respect the play action to Brown.  I saw you guys at 7v7s  you have some guys with good hands no doubt..lots of play makers.

Edited by Beagle

Two of the teams Huntingdon has played Scott's hill(scrimmage) and Lexington(jamboree) have had pretty good QBS. Huntingdon handled that pretty well. Camden better get it out quick. The d line is looking tough. I'm sure that was one of the main things Coach Miller focused on in the off season.

Edited by Waker

Ya I don't know how many stang fans I've heard say they were somewhat concerned when they saw Lexington warming up slinging ball 25 to 30 yards and looking fast etc, end of 2 qtrs we on top 21-7, I think we will be on top routinely this season. Yes we have to get by 2 teams that beat us last season that are defending 3 state gold balls in last two seasons. So we not putting our selves in championship game, but most of us fans are excited and feel optimistic & confident in a victory vs Camden this week.

Edited by stangfan89