Watch out football - Super School " Kingsport"

kingindian33

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McGavock was the largest high school in the state of Tennesse for years when it opened up back in the 70's. It's still in the top five in enrollment. But as far as I'm aware, outside of baseball they rarely do well in any of the major sports, especially come playoff time.

Besides, 1800 is just cracking the top twenty in size.

Science Hill at one point not too long ago was the biggest school in the state (student population) Football I'm not sure how big of a difference it will make. You will have South taking on the best from North and Central but in the grand scheme of things they will be playing at a higher level so will they really be any better or will they just be a slightly deeper version of South? I don't see itas a powerhouse unless they can start taking away from DB

It would be a force to reckon with if they build the facilities and assemble the staff needed to convince students to stay at home and quit transferring out. The Central area has had so many players going to D-B, Tennessee High, and Sullivan South the last 10 years or so it is pitiful. More than a few All-State and lots of All-Conference players at the 3 schools above were zoned for Central. Heard they would prefer to put it on the 4-lane connector road from I-81 going over to the airport but that was just a rumor, I don't have any references to back that up.

Edited by RebRaider85

I assumed the same thing ... Area of old SAMs or toward the airport !! I heard they have acquired land !! Yes I agree about the students transferring but I think if they were to do this then a lot would stay and go to new school !! They did say some students from central would go to east high school (probably any students living toward speedway/backside of blountville)

It would be a force to reckon with if they build the facilities and assemble the staff needed to convince students to stay at home and quit transferring out. The Central area has had so many players going to D-B, Tennessee High, and Sullivan South the last 10 years or so it is pitiful. More than a few All-State and lots of All-Conference players at the 3 schools above were zoned for Central. Heard they would prefer to put it on the 4-lane connector road from I-81 going over to the airport but that was just a rumor, I don't have any references to back that up.

I assumed the same thing ... Area of old SAMs or toward the airport !! I heard they have acquired land !! Yes I agree about the students transferring but I think if they were to do this then a lot would stay and go to new school !! They did say some students from central would go to east high school (probably any students living toward speedway/backside of blountville)

I would think they would put it closer to Kingsport then right near central considering most of the students are from south and north

They should call it Sullivan West.