Watch out football - Super School " Kingsport"

kingindian33

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A truly super school would be if Williamson county or Rutherford county had one school. Obviously the attendance would swamp any classification buy could you imagine? Best players from all of Williamson or Rutherford on the same team?? They would be the best 2 teams in the nation no doubt. That's if BA or MBA or Ensworth doesn't take them all haha.

This is one county and Kingsport with 4 schools being all within 5 miles apart !! (besides DB) that's why they are combining the schools !!!

A truly super school would be if Williamson county or Rutherford county had one school. Obviously the attendance would swamp any classification buy could you imagine? Best players from all of Williamson or Rutherford on the same team?? They would be the best 2 teams in the nation no doubt. That's if BA or MBA or Ensworth doesn't take them all haha.

Nope ..keeping East for now and sending some of centrals students there !!

It's my understanding that they want to close all 4 of the Sullivan schools and open two new schools (1,700 to 1,800 students a piece) and possibly use East and one other as a middle school. Don't know if they're still running with that proposal or not.

This is one county and Kingsport with 4 schools being all within 5 miles apart !! (besides DB) that's why they are combining the schools !!!

I wasn't saying combine Rutherford with Williamson. Was saying combine Williamson with Williamson like brentwood,ravenwood,centennial,franklin,independance,page,and fairview. All withing 5 min if each other with the exception of page and fairview. Edited by Slim88

Let me help everyone with this.  If you combined South, North, part of Central, you would have a good ball team, but you would not have one that could get past round 3.  That number would put them at 6A, which would be back with Science Hill, DB, Oak Ridge, etc.

The majority of the team would still be what we consider the South kids, maybe a couple of improvements at certain spots, but not enough to absolutely dominate from the get go.  Add in a much better feeder program and youth program, bring in good coaching all around.  We are looking at something around 2024 until you had a team that could compete with DB and SH.  Use your heads, the best kids are playing already at South, adding a bunch of kids around them is only going to move them from 4A to 6A.

In a few years there will be a Super School (as they call it) in Kingsport /Sullivan County ... Combined schools - Sullivan South ,Sullivan North and Sullivan Central "1,800 students"!!! It will ultimately be a power in football/all sports across the state due to athletes at these schools !

Opinions ?

Ho hum, call me in five years.

Let me help everyone with this. If you combined South, North, part of Central, you would have a good ball team, but you would not have one that could get past round 3. That number would put them at 6A, which would be back with Science Hill, DB, Oak Ridge, etc.

The majority of the team would still be what we consider the South kids, maybe a couple of improvements at certain spots, but not enough to absolutely dominate from the get go. Add in a much better feeder program and youth program, bring in good coaching all around. We are looking at something around 2024 until you had a team that could compete with DB and SH. Use your heads, the best kids are playing already at South, adding a bunch of kids around them is only going to move them from 4A to 6A.

FB, for some reason it's a Indian poster that is raising all the hubbub here. I think you're right on a lot of ways the only difference I would say is that I think is going to be a large 5A school instead. They are planning for 1700 max.

FB, for some reason it's a Indian poster that is raising all the hubbub here. I think you're right on a lot of ways the only difference I would say is that I think is going to be a large 5A school instead. They are planning for 1700 max.

As far as numbers go, I think you are looking at enough to bounce it up into 6A.  If you have them in 5A, I think they would be extremely happy.  6A is dominated by you know who, so is 3A as far as Alcoa goes.  Fulton and Greeneville look untouchable for a bit.  5A could produce some results, but once again every time a "great" East TN team has made it to the 3rd or 4th round, we've been beaten fairly easy.  We need that magic list to see numbers.

In two years I know in our area that TN High is looking for someway to drop down (no one is talking about how a lot of the kids they used to take are being sent to Sullivan County), Elizabethton thinks it has a better shot against 4A vs 3A (which lets call it what it is, they will make more money, but until the powerhouses clear out, not happening), and if the consolidation does happen, you could see whatever Sullivan East is bouncing up into 5A with a bunch of Central students coming to their school.  

Interesting.  Yes.  Powerhouse?  No, I don't see it.  Turf field? Yeah.

I was at a football game at Kingston last year and a teacher talked to me about the idea of consolidation. He said that traditionalist would be upset because of rivalries ending but he also said Roan County was broke. What's better 5 small county schools (well 4, Kingston is the bigger of the two) or one big school or two good size good schools. The implementation of NCLB broke the schools systems.