West @ Hardin Valley Academy

Red Rebels

From what I see is that the new coach for West came in and changed everything. If it wasn't broken why change it. You can tell that their having a hard time adjusting to a new system. I also hope that check for $500.00 Ogle, Elrod and Baril gave to the head coach of HVA before the game was for Scott's Grass Patch from the Home Depot before we go over there and play them.

Your gonna coach what you know. From what I've read, their coach retained the DC so they just need time to gel on offense. No program can change offenses without some growing pains

Hardin Valley's stadium is badly engineered from the visitor perspective.  The visitor bleachers do not have near enough "rise" to get any kind of angle on the game.  Combine that with the distance to the field and you end up not seeing half the field.  I sat on the back row and no way could I see the action near the hash marks.  You need battleship binoculars to see the game but still miss about 25% of the field.  You would think that a new school would display some of the latest ideas in stadiums but not in Knox County.

Hardin Valley's stadium is badly engineered from the visitor perspective.  The visitor bleachers do not have near enough "rise" to get any kind of angle on the game.  Combine that with the distance to the field and you end up not seeing half the field.  I sat on the back row and no way could I see the action near the hash marks.  You need battleship binoculars to see the game but still miss about 25% of the field.  You would think that a new school would display some of the latest ideas in stadiums but not in Knox County.

Originally there weren't going to be game football, baseball, or softball fields/stadiums at HVA.  They were going to "share" facilities with other schools.  It was at the last minute that money was budgeted to build basic facilities.  The folks at HVA have done a good job trying to make improvements, but as the saying goes you can't make chicken salad out of ..........

HVA's football stadium is what it is and it's not the most spectator friendly, but at least they have one of their own, which wasn't in the original plans.  

Why do architects, engineers, planners or bean counters put the track around the football field? HVA has a track and then the width of another 8 laned track before you get to the bleachers. I'm either going to park on that hill behind the home side and sit in a truck outside the fence or stand on the track. I'll have to find out which shirts the coaches are wearing, kind of like Gunny Highway in Heartbreak Ridge.

HRTshirts.JPG

Originally there weren't going to be game football, baseball, or softball fields/stadiums at HVA.  They were going to "share" facilities with other schools.  It was at the last minute that money was budgeted to build basic facilities.  The folks at HVA have done a good job trying to make improvements, but as the saying goes you can't make chicken salad out of ..........

HVA's football stadium is what it is and it's not the most spectator friendly, but at least they have one of their own, which wasn't in the original plans.  

I didn't realize that!  Thanks for the info!  On the plus side the concessions area is nice and I liked the football spirit and atmosphere displayed at HV.  It's hard to imagin a High School without a sports program, especially football. 

I didn't realize that!  Thanks for the info!  On the plus side the concessions area is nice and I liked the football spirit and atmosphere displayed at HV.  It's hard to imagin a High School without a sports program, especially football. 

In the original plans they were going to have sports, just not home game facilities.  They were going to share other school's game facilities because there wasn't money budgeted to build them when the school was planned.  

Edited by HTV

Eye wood haiv two uhgree......Hits hard two see ennythang out thair...Onlyest place me and momma evur set on tha 3rd row ...Butt hit felt like tha nosebleeds....Othurwise nice skool....Eye weal reelint two RR two let hem deescribe tha traffick flo aftur tha gaim..... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

West Defense Stepped up big when it had to last night. Play calling near the End of the Game was terrible for HVA, Althought that last pass should have been caught. Did i hear them say the HVA receiver transfered from West? How come he doesn't have to sit out, I guess his family "Moved"? Good sloopy game for week 1......Don't see West doing much this year.

Really looking forward to this one tonight - hope my Rebels can show them something good this year.  Actually felt bad for Packer - caught part of some game last night on TV between 2 teams that clearly didn't want to play football!  If I drank enough beer it was almost watchable. 

Anyway, hope the Rebels show the Hawks why that trophy has never left Sutherland Ave. What time is kickoff?

Really looking forward to this one tonight - hope my Rebels can show them something good this year. Actually felt bad for Packer - caught part of some game last night on TV between 2 teams that clearly didn't want to play football! If I drank enough beer it was almost watchable.

Anyway, hope the Rebels show the Hawks why that trophy has never left Sutherland Ave. What time is kickoff?

game was last night